• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do These Models Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
If you don't modify them without the author's permission and if you credit the author when using them, I don't think the author will mind if you add them to your map.

Just try them yourself, import them, etc if they work or use the magos Model Editor.

I like the human parts model, it looks like fatality on a peasant :D

I played Ordos and that's now how the All Purpose Carry-all looks like.

Level 22
None of them are futuristic enough to be useful to me but anyway, we can see warhamer 40k models that will fit with the dawn of war grav tanks whoever makes warhammer map :)

Ok I tried Scout, Archon, COmmisaire, SRC Apollon, Space Marine and all work in TFT but note: some animations like Attack - Slam won't show in war3.

Level 9
The Wow models on xgm are not allowed(at least here in the hive) but you can use the user created models(and they are majority). Just avoid if you see WoW written in the description. I have downloaded many models there and most of them work as well as the hive's. The models there are free to use by anyone except of the model packs. For example there is a murlocs model pack for a russian project called The Way of the Others. The models rock but are forbidden to use.

Level 9
No, they are not forbidden to use. According to the rules you are not allowed to upload a map that contain stolen, pirated or uncredited material. The xgm models are none of these. Only few are Wow exports. Most of the models there are original and have authors. Nothing in the rules say you cannot download models outside the hive. You are free to use them as long as you give credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.