• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do heroes belong in Starcraft II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
No, no they do not.

Only the SC 1 type heroes in the SC 2 campaign and the WC 3 hero system ONLY for custom maps.

Level 6
I've heard that the game will normally have no heroes but you will have the capability to add them to maps in the Campaign Editor. Just asking for opinions.

Level 13
I think they could enhance the campaing by leaps and bounds, but thats just my opinion.

In terms of skirmish Edit: by this i meant melee/online ladder games as well, HELL NO. However, custom games are a must for heroes, it would give us so many options.

If heroes will be in custom games....I wonder, will there be a "generic hero unit" in the object editor to base new heroes off of ? It would save alot of time.

Level 7
i hope they will have a "generic spell/ability/aura/whatever", too. that would save lots of time, also.
what i forgot to say^^: i'm for heros in the editor but against them in the melee game!

Last edited:
Level 7
Not in the normal melee. That would make it too much like Warcraft 3 and it would ruin the game.

In custom games though It would be fine for me.

Level 12
1st off, in SC1 most abilities would either A instant kill units, B disable them for 30 seconds, C reduce there HP to pathetic amounts, or D mind control (it wont be returning to SC2 though probably). So now try and create a hero with better abilities... the Zerg Queen is the closest thing to a hero as you can only have 1...

Level 25
I don't even want them in the campaign. Not as wc3 ones then, :d
Anyone played Ground Control 2? There you dont have one unit who leads the attack, but several that can attack at different places at the same time. If you have a hero that needs to level up, you cannot make these attacks without losing the benefit that the hero gives.

And I'm all up for having heroes in the editor, don't get me wrong there.

Level 34
If by heroes you mean leveling unit with spells, then no. Although a strong unit would be fine with me. DoW has hero-like units that rock at the beginning, but are perfectly balanced with units and everything. They usually have the best spells and whatnot, and do decent damage. They can take some hits, but not as much as vehicles.

Level 9
I think heroes don't belong in default SC melee maps - however, they do have a place, I feel, in custom games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.