• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Do event-response variables carry over to the next trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If you "Run another trigger while ignoring conditions", will the next trigger inherit the variables from the first one?

For example,

Trigger 1:
Event - Player 1 types "Hello"
Action - Run Trigger 2 while Ignoring Conditions

Trigger 2:
Action - Display text to all players: ( Name of Triggering Player + " has typed hello" )

--

Will the output be "Player 1 has typed hello." ?

Level 3
If you "Run another trigger while ignoring conditions", will the next trigger inherit the variables from the first one?

For example,

Trigger 1:
Event - Player 1 types "Hello"
Action - Run Trigger 2 while Ignoring Conditions

Trigger 2:
Action - Display text to all players: ( Name of Triggering Player + " has typed hello" )

--

Will the output be "Player 1 has typed hello." ?
I just created this trigger and ran it.

* TRIGGER 1
Event
- Player 1 types "kill"
Action
- Pick every unit in entire map matching unit selected by player 1 and kill the unit
- Run Trigger 2 while Ignoring Conditions

- TRIGGER 2
Action
- Display Text: ( Name of Triggering Player + " has killed something )

---
The output was: "WorldEdit has killed something" displayed as text in the game.

My initial understanding was that the use of this type of variable "Triggering Player" can only work on the Trigger it is at. Then I got an output out of the two triggers I made above. I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.