• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

dll not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys I have download WC3 model editor here and it has no problem on downloading but when I open it, it show an error message saying:
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found.
How to fix this problem?

~Fixed

Last edited:
Level 16
It should be very simple.

• Simply type the name of that .dll into google. Usually you can download it off the first link.
  • Put that downloaded .dll into the folder where your application is.
  • Run the program and it should be fixed.
  • Sometimes after adding the .dll, it will report missing another kind of .dll. You just repeat the process for the missing .dll.

Tip: Lots of these download sites have heaps of misleading ads that direct you to random websites. Just make sure you download the right .dll.

Edit: Here is the .dll I downloaded for you.

Attachments

• d3dx9_35.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Level 16

I'm a little skeptical of the topic. I think the website is exxagerating the situation. Of course there are probebly a few dodgey sites, but some sites are rather large with a good reputation. Viruses invading these kind of sites are just as likely to infest any other website which you use reguarly. Being paranoid about viruses on a secure dll website is like being parnoid about being on the hive workshop.

Level 12
I'm a little skeptical of the topic. I think the website is exxagerating the situation. Of course there are probebly a few dodgey sites, but some sites are rather large with a good reputation. Viruses invading these kind of sites are just as likely to infest any other website which you use reguarly. Being paranoid about viruses on a secure dll website is like being parnoid about being on the hive workshop.

i see

Status
Not open for further replies.