• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disease Cloud Plus

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
An improved SD disease cloud. Also includes a low particle count debuff target version for larger army maps.

Variant Features
Green - Flies/Locusts/Moths
Brown - Smaller flies and "stink lines"
Red - Swarming worms/leeches?
Purple - Swarming stuff less prominent and rising smoke puffs
Static - Zappy

Particle Count
Green 36-37
Brown 52-53
Red 41-42
Purple 41
Static 35

GreenTarget 18
BrownTarget 22-23
RedTarget 18
PurpleTarget 19-20
StaticTarget 23-25

GreenTargetLow 9-10
BrownTargetLow 10-11
RedTargetLow 10-11
PurpleTargetLow 10-12
StaticTargetLow 12-13
Previews
Contents

Brown (Model)

Brown Target (Model)

Brown Target Low (Model)

Green (Model)

Green Target (Model)

Green Target Low (Model)

Purple (Model)

Purple Target (Model)

Purple Target Low (Model)

Red Target (Model)

Red Target Low (Model)

Redd (Model)

Static (Model)

Static Target (Model)

Static Target Low (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
There are a lot of unused tracks and sequences in the majority of the models. Please optimize and remove the unused things.
It looks more painful.
But why do butterflies fly in the plague?Are these Plague butterflies? haha.I'm waiting for variations with other colors.
Ideally they're locusts or flies 😅

I wasn't planning to do other colors. I could do a bloody one though. What did you have in mind?

Decreased insect size
Fixed Billboarding on all models
Increased size of target models by about 20% to increase visibility (they are still less than half the size of the caster version).
Added Red
Added Purple
Added Static
Updated previews

Love the inclusion of the WotLK-era brown/orange plague :grin:
This was my inspiration :grin: I have more related effects in progress and I love the theme in general which is why my uhhh delayed Megaraut template is ziggurat themed.

Last edited:
Level 12
A great looking SFX. I second the idea of red/purple cloud. I also recommend creating a smaller version that would look less overwhelming on a unit like the Ghoul.
I suggest making small/medium/large stand anims (like on this one: Web Cocoon) that way you can scale it without making separate models. If scaling particles is a thing, that is. I'm not sure about that.

Last edited: