• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discuss the mod

Level 5
Clash of the Titans is a mod changing Warcraft 3 into Red Alert 2, including all vehicles, infantry, aircraft and naval units. The mod is in production so the date of release is yet unknown. We will try to make it balanced and as good as the Westwood game.

You can ask questions and give suggestions about the mod here.

Level 2
Could be posible for the tanks to crush infantry units like the westwood games?

Level 12
I don't see how the title Clash of the Titans would relate to Red Alert 2. But you're in the beta stage or something, right? I kinda thought more of a tech name. Well, good luck on you're project. :wink:

Level 5
I have to worry you a little, cause it's in the building stage and the +8 hour(taking a peek at the world time map) difference with VGsatomi makes it a little harder so communicating takes at least a day :(.

But don't worry we'll make it :) .

Level 4
Um.....I don't wanna sound stupid but....some friends of mine aready hav a CotT collection of maps....and its not red alert based....

Level 5
Yes, they can have a collection of maps, but this is a mod which will have a Red Alert 2 based engine. I know you can dislike the title but it isn't so easy to think one which suits the made mod.

Level 12
Wouldn't that make power struggles more easily decided and not as much strategy oriented if the people used heavy weapons that destroyed things in less time

Level 22
Well, you see, C&C and Warcraft work on two completely different systems in terms of how damage balances out, We have a lot of room to play with as far as that goes since warcraft is so much more versatile. We never said there wont be any infantry, I already have an Agent Tanya model ready to go for example, its that it just wont be as ifantry heavy as the original RA2.
-VGsatomi

Level 16
Are there going to be special national units like Terrorists, Desolators, Tesla Tanks, Black Eagles, Grand Cannons, etc?

And for the building buildings system, you could make something like sentinel that refreshes itself when you finish constructing a building to deploy.

Level 22
Yeah, yu are correct there. The main thing we are going to have to wrk around it turret rotation on the tank, since units cannot move and shoot at the same time in warcraft. Most lkely going to have to use map triggers and use the normal tank model when its moving and replace it with a "tower" version of the same model when it it sitting still so it will rotate the turret and fire (like the cannon tower). We will impliment whatever models Pike finishes.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Yes, Yuri will be include to the sides of your choice.

I think VGsatomi was talking about historical or on the size of power of the Russia and America match. Yuri is more a part of the Soviet force which didn't take him as a leader but as a commander so he formed his own army being the only commander and conquerer of the world(I don't know how I got the title of C&C into that).

Level 5
Sorry for anyone who was wating for the mod and any news about it. I now back with full time to waste on what I've done and not finished.

If anyone wants to help in creating Clash of the Titans Red Alert to Warcraft mod post in the skinners needed forum or create a new topic.

Level 1
WHOA,ivwe never played red alert 2,YOU NEED NAVAL UNITS<and if u cant play online because of lag,try and put some good ai into the comp,o ya,U NEED NAVAL UNITS AND AIR UNITS

o and GOOD LUCK

i cant skin but im pretty good with terrain and triggers

Level 2
tank turrets

I am rather new here so if im being noobish just be nice k? Anyway, I once made a kodo beast that had the battle sattions ability so that peons could go inside and shoot as the beast moved. It was a while back but i think it worked. If that helps give you guys some ideas on how to over come that problem then ill be happy.

PS: I know it is from Tiberian Sun but the attack cycle is really cool. If you guys get the chance to make one plz do so. I understand if you dont have the time, just would not trust a non C&C fan to make it. :D

Level 5
Maybe I'm late to say this, but we are doing models so it will be easier to create maps. I don't know if this will be a multiplayer mod, cause I think that on some computers with slow internet connection it could really lag, but that is just my opinion.

Level 22
Pheonix fire CAN work, but it doesnt always have the desired effect. Barrage is a bit more reliable, but again, you cant pick your targets with it.

I too have been seriously wondering if this can actually be done as a mod...since so many of the unit abilities can only be done with triggering and not object editing. We may have to go the stand-alone maps route, but thats up to Pike.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
HI EVERY ONE UR IN LUCK!! I'VE PLAYED A LOT OF RA2 AND OTHER C&C IN MY TIME YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE "YURI" FACTION IN RA2 YURI'S REVENGE DONT FORGET THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE YURI IN THE MOD THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE SOVEITS CLONING VATS (WHEN TRAIN UNIT BARRACKS ONE POPS UP AT THE CLONING VAT) YURI (MIND CONTROLS 1 UNIT) SPYS (WHEN THEY GO IN BUILDING GIVE YOU A SPECIAL BONUS LIKE A NEW UNIT OR VETEREN INFANTRY WHEN TRAINED) :p

Level 2
Dude Im pretty sure that they are well aware of the changes that occured when Yuri left the Soviet faction and how to set things up if they do not include the Yuri faction. Geez I mean really if a person is on this forum than they are most likely a C&C fanatic.

Level 5
@Abokasee-Red: Why have you posted all in caps? Watch out, because it's against the rules of this site. You could also look in the render thread to see that there are some Yuri model renders.

I could say that I'm more of a fan of the Westwood series than a fanatic. Yuri as a side makes the game more balanced(my opinion) than whitout him.

Is it better to change the look of the model render post to:
-types(infantry, vehicles, etc...) and/or sides
-leave it as it is...

Level 4
guys the building system is also VERY VERY VERY differant simply you click on building and place it were you want and WUZZBANG, DOGTANYA ITS DONE IN 1 SEC how we gonna do that with out having to click on some "builder" and telling the old git what to build? :shock: :eek: :roll:

Level 2
Actually that is quite simple...use the tiny castle item abilities and attach those to the Construction Yard (maybe use a few spell books for organization). Give those abilities a cast range and the rest should fall into place. There would also need to be some triggers which make the buildings cost materials. If you want me to elaberate, just let me know.

Level 5
Vayeate981 said:
Actually that is quite simple...use the tiny castle item abilities and attach those to the Construction Yard (maybe use a few spell books for organization). Give those abilities a cast range and the rest should fall into place. There would also need to be some triggers which make the buildings cost materials. If you want me to elaberate, just let me know.

If you could explain it and make it a "build mode" then this mod would be more Red Alert 2 style. VGSatomi gave me an idea some time ago to make it C&C: Generals style with dozers or cranes. If you can make it really good and easy way to implement it with triggers, you would make this mod very similar to the orgin.

Anyone who has good ideas about converting the engine from Red Alert 2 to Clash of the Titans mod can "spam" this topic :wink: (positive spamming of course).

Level 2
ill try to work on an example of what i am talking about k Pike, ill also submit it in the spells section when im done or if you want i could just send it to you. ill wait to hear from you. :D

Level 5
Let's not spam the spells section with it, just send it to me.

I see no one cares for some questions so I will make them more visable:

If you have any idea which can make Clash of the Titans better, share it with us.

You can vote for a detailed model renders post with sides and categories or leave it better as it is.

Level 3
I have an idea for the build system. Since each building has its own build range (powerplants 3-4 squares away, Turrets 5-7 squares away, etc) then what you could do is just give each building a build menu and allow them to build within their range. Normal structures could build other structures and turrets as turrets can only build turrets since turrets cannot build off of eachother. Units would be built off of the structures as well using a spellbook-type ability. I havent really tested this idea (not sure if buildings can build) but i hope it inspires the right system.

Level 4
i dont wanna bust ya bubble or sound negative, but there already is a much much better way to play redalert type system and maps

1) go onto desktop

2)put red alert 2 disk in

3)double click redalert 2 icon

My way is much faster, too, mine takes 10 seconds, yours takes about 8 months to make the thing. I think i know what one i'll choose :p lol

Level 5
If you want then do so james, but if you would know RA 2 won't morph just by imaginating or saying a wish into a 3D RTS game, also I think Warcraft 3 has a better system in some parts then Red Alert 2. That's my point of view...

Level 4
yeah, wc3 is better graphix and is 3d, and so i will definately play this mod when it comes out. What you should do is after you done it all, put the info in one folder, then ppl can make ra2 maps just by adding the folder then they can do terain :D

Also, i was a very good ra2 map maker, i made many popular maps on there. Their editor is crap, btw, and u can pnly edit terain, and that is very complicated, where on wc3 WE , it is so easy to do stuff

Level 2
james1654 said:
i dont wanna bust ya bubble or sound negative, but there already is a much much better way to play redalert type system and maps

1) go onto desktop

2)put red alert 2 disk in

3)double click redalert 2 icon

My way is much faster, too, mine takes 10 seconds, yours takes about 8 months to make the thing. I think i know what one i'll choose :p lol

Says the guy with a prancing dino in his avatar :p

Here are some reasons i think it would be better in WC3
-3D rather than 2D
-Easier map creation for others (if we decide to enable)
-Better Grapgics
-Wont crash on newer comps
-Icons suck on thier games (all cloudy?)
-You can change view WOOT

There are the disadvantages of course, but who cares :p We will try to get this done and see what its like.

Level 14
Idea for Chrono legionary.

Just a suggestion:

You probably thought of this long time ago but...

Giving the Crono Legionary magic damage and a version of "Orb of lighning" with 100% chance to "Banish" would make a nice time-erase.

It would be bughy since you must manually target each enemy unit.