1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Discuss the mod

Discussion in 'Clash of the Titans' started by Pike, Oct 4, 2004.

1. aarkshark

aarkshark

Resources:
    Resources:
    YEah, I know that he tried to take over the world
    (I have RA2:Yuri's Revenge)

2. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sorry for anyone who was wating for the mod and any news about it. I now back with full time to waste on what I've done and not finished.

If anyone wants to help in creating Clash of the Titans Red Alert to Warcraft mod post in the skinners needed forum or create a new topic.

3. rocketryan

rocketryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHOA,ivwe never played red alert 2,YOU NEED NAVAL UNITS<and if u cant play online because of lag,try and put some good ai into the comp,o ya,U NEED NAVAL UNITS AND AIR UNITS

o and GOOD LUCK

i cant skin but im pretty good with terrain and triggers

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm I am good at making spells, buffs and such, in fact what i mean is that im good in Object Editor. If you want me to help you, I will gladly help you. :)

-Rui

5. Vayeate981

Vayeate981

Resources:
    Resources:
    tank turrets

I am rather new here so if im being noobish just be nice k? Anyway, I once made a kodo beast that had the battle sattions ability so that peons could go inside and shoot as the beast moved. It was a while back but i think it worked. If that helps give you guys some ideas on how to over come that problem then ill be happy.

PS: I know it is from Tiberian Sun but the attack cycle is really cool. If you guys get the chance to make one plz do so. I understand if you dont have the time, just would not trust a non C&C fan to make it. :D

6. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Maybe I'm late to say this, but we are doing models so it will be easier to create maps. I don't know if this will be a multiplayer mod, cause I think that on some computers with slow internet connection it could really lag, but that is just my opinion.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You can attack while moving with Phoenix Fire but it'll be non-targetable :(

8. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pheonix fire CAN work, but it doesnt always have the desired effect. Barrage is a bit more reliable, but again, you cant pick your targets with it.

I too have been seriously wondering if this can actually be done as a mod...since so many of the unit abilities can only be done with triggering and not object editing. We may have to go the stand-alone maps route, but thats up to Pike.
    -VGsatomi

9. Abokasee-Red

Abokasee-Red

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HI EVERY ONE UR IN LUCK!! I'VE PLAYED A LOT OF RA2 AND OTHER C&C IN MY TIME YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE "YURI" FACTION IN RA2 YURI'S REVENGE DONT FORGET THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE YURI IN THE MOD THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE SOVEITS CLONING VATS (WHEN TRAIN UNIT BARRACKS ONE POPS UP AT THE CLONING VAT) YURI (MIND CONTROLS 1 UNIT) SPYS (WHEN THEY GO IN BUILDING GIVE YOU A SPECIAL BONUS LIKE A NEW UNIT OR VETEREN INFANTRY WHEN TRAINED) :p

10. Vayeate981

Vayeate981

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude Im pretty sure that they are well aware of the changes that occured when Yuri left the Soviet faction and how to set things up if they do not include the Yuri faction. Geez I mean really if a person is on this forum than they are most likely a C&C fanatic.

11. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Abokasee-Red: Why have you posted all in caps? Watch out, because it's against the rules of this site. You could also look in the render thread to see that there are some Yuri model renders.

I could say that I'm more of a fan of the Westwood series than a fanatic. Yuri as a side makes the game more balanced(my opinion) than whitout him.

Is it better to change the look of the model render post to:
    -types(infantry, vehicles, etc...) and/or sides
    -leave it as it is...

12. Abokasee-Red

Abokasee-Red

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    guys the building system is also VERY VERY VERY differant simply you click on building and place it were you want and WUZZBANG, DOGTANYA ITS DONE IN 1 SEC how we gonna do that with out having to click on some "builder" and telling the old git what to build? :shock: :eek: :roll:

13. Vayeate981

Vayeate981

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually that is quite simple...use the tiny castle item abilities and attach those to the Construction Yard (maybe use a few spell books for organization). Give those abilities a cast range and the rest should fall into place. There would also need to be some triggers which make the buildings cost materials. If you want me to elaberate, just let me know.

14. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you could explain it and make it a "build mode" then this mod would be more Red Alert 2 style. VGSatomi gave me an idea some time ago to make it C&C: Generals style with dozers or cranes. If you can make it really good and easy way to implement it with triggers, you would make this mod very similar to the orgin.

Anyone who has good ideas about converting the engine from Red Alert 2 to Clash of the Titans mod can "spam" this topic :wink: (positive spamming of course).

15. Vayeate981

Vayeate981

Resources:
    Resources:
    ill try to work on an example of what i am talking about k Pike, ill also submit it in the spells section when im done or if you want i could just send it to you. ill wait to hear from you. :D

16. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Let's not spam the spells section with it, just send it to me.

I see no one cares for some questions so I will make them more visable:

If you have any idea which can make Clash of the Titans better, share it with us.

You can vote for a detailed model renders post with sides and categories or leave it better as it is.

17. minigun77

minigun77

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have an idea for the build system. Since each building has its own build range (powerplants 3-4 squares away, Turrets 5-7 squares away, etc) then what you could do is just give each building a build menu and allow them to build within their range. Normal structures could build other structures and turrets as turrets can only build turrets since turrets cannot build off of eachother. Units would be built off of the structures as well using a spellbook-type ability. I havent really tested this idea (not sure if buildings can build) but i hope it inspires the right system.

18. james1654

james1654

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i dont wanna bust ya bubble or sound negative, but there already is a much much better way to play redalert type system and maps

1) go onto desktop

2)put red alert 2 disk in

3)double click redalert 2 icon

My way is much faster, too, mine takes 10 seconds, yours takes about 8 months to make the thing. I think i know what one i'll choose :p lol

19. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you want then do so james, but if you would know RA 2 won't morph just by imaginating or saying a wish into a 3D RTS game, also I think Warcraft 3 has a better system in some parts then Red Alert 2. That's my point of view...

20. james1654

james1654

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, wc3 is better graphix and is 3d, and so i will definately play this mod when it comes out. What you should do is after you done it all, put the info in one folder, then ppl can make ra2 maps just by adding the folder then they can do terain :D

Also, i was a very good ra2 map maker, i made many popular maps on there. Their editor is crap, btw, and u can pnly edit terain, and that is very complicated, where on wc3 WE , it is so easy to do stuff