1. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss the mod

Discussion in 'Clash of the Titans' started by Pike, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Clash of the Titans is a mod changing Warcraft 3 into Red Alert 2, including all vehicles, infantry, aircraft and naval units. The mod is in production so the date of release is yet unknown. We will try to make it balanced and as good as the Westwood game.

You can ask questions and give suggestions about the mod here.

2. Yunix

Yunix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could be posible for the tanks to crush infantry units like the westwood games?

3. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be some easy trigger work there. Havent worked much with global triggers, but it can be done.
    -VGsatomi

4. Yunix

Yunix

Resources:
    Resources:
    O cool i loved doing that.

5. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds alot like Age of Mythology, mythical, fantasy or magical games to me, doesnt sound anything to what you guys are saying :D

I don't think the name works well, but it sounds interesting.

6. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see how the title Clash of the Titans would relate to Red Alert 2. But you're in the beta stage or something, right? I kinda thought more of a tech name. Well, good luck on you're project. :wink:

7. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, think of the two biggest military juggernauts during the cold war....Russia and America....clash of the titans...get it? :wink:

8. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have to worry you a little, cause it's in the building stage and the +8 hour(taking a peek at the world time map) difference with VGsatomi makes it a little harder so communicating takes at least a day :(.

But don't worry we'll make it :) .

9. Sponge3737

Sponge3737

Resources:
    Resources:
    Um.....I don't wanna sound stupid but....some friends of mine aready hav a CotT collection of maps....and its not red alert based....

10. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes, they can have a collection of maps, but this is a mod which will have a Red Alert 2 based engine. I know you can dislike the title but it isn't so easy to think one which suits the made mod.

11. Sponge3737

Sponge3737

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dunno, I'm a pretty Creative person...I would usually put a smiley here but none of them look quite right.

12. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Only problem is the unit selection part for all I know. Because in RA2, I massed about 300 rocketeers and that was my selection limit. Also, make is kind of hard for tanks to run over stuff because that could be easily abused

13. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, the mod probalby isnt going to be very infantry heavy like the original Ra2 and will most likely focus mainly on armored combat. The reason for this bieing the difficulty of making infantry models from scratch. But yes, you do make a good point.
    -VGsatomi

14. Formula1

Formula1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't that make power struggles more easily decided and not as much strategy oriented if the people used heavy weapons that destroyed things in less time

15. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, you see, C&C and Warcraft work on two completely different systems in terms of how damage balances out, We have a lot of room to play with as far as that goes since warcraft is so much more versatile. We never said there wont be any infantry, I already have an Agent Tanya model ready to go for example, its that it just wont be as ifantry heavy as the original RA2.
    -VGsatomi

16. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Are there going to be special national units like Terrorists, Desolators, Tesla Tanks, Black Eagles, Grand Cannons, etc?

And for the building buildings system, you could make something like sentinel that refreshes itself when you finish constructing a building to deploy.

17. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, yu are correct there. The main thing we are going to have to wrk around it turret rotation on the tank, since units cannot move and shoot at the same time in warcraft. Most lkely going to have to use map triggers and use the normal tank model when its moving and replace it with a "tower" version of the same model when it it sitting still so it will rotate the turret and fire (like the cannon tower). We will impliment whatever models Pike finishes.
    -VGsatomi

18. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    One question, can you play as Yuri? Because befor you said: (The TWO major....)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    That was me.

20. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes, Yuri will be include to the sides of your choice.

I think VGsatomi was talking about historical or on the size of power of the Russia and America match. Yuri is more a part of the Soviet force which didn't take him as a leader but as a commander so he formed his own army being the only commander and conquerer of the world(I don't know how I got the title of C&C into that).