• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discribe art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
drawings, paintings, wallpapers, digital art, skins, models, poems, sculptures (but take a pic of those, don't send it with the mailman to darky)

if you mean, what would be appropiate for the art section, I would say wallpapers, comics, pencil and digital drawings, and paintings.

However, please keep preview screenshots of models and skins out of there, aswell with game covers and the sort - and just to express my undying disrespect for those who favers the way of plagurism, if you submit something you did not create yourself, give credits and if taken from another website plz post a link, if you do not do theese things when submitting other peoples art, you are basicly claiming them as yourown and is thus a lier and will be hunted down to suffer an awfull long and painfull death followed by some tidius burning in hell - thank you

Level 7
nope, you are interpretating, bigtime - I did say paintings, I did say wallpapers, obviously pictures of sculptures and such should be considered allowable in the art section too, I think many would agree.

AND I did say that Models, skins and the like is art, but those really should be posted in thier respective forum

There is alot to look at, when analysing the drawings under the art section, and you would be amazed of the shear varaity in style. You can go difficult on yourself and paint some sort of abstract painting, even related to wc3 or just the warcraft universe, but it would be hard to recognize it as good, if it aint really, really good - if you can paint, as an example, please use your abillities to add some more elements to the section, but it figures, that if no one is able to see what you were trying to express, then it would most likely be dismissed as a flop from certain art critics

I think that flash art is allowed to, anyway it should, as should any gif or whatever else could be characterized as digital art. Its quite much, actually that is acknowledged as art, and the only real hatred there is in the section, is against plagurism - you don't see any "hatred" against people who really can't draw, but its a sad thing to see people constantly submitting something they cannot even recognize themselves as "good art", thus thier submission is often requested deleted, and they should really take critisism serious and improve on some level, or maybe try expressing them selves in another way, before submitting again.

That was a little long, but I'm not quite sure as to what you mean, and what answers you seek - anyways, I guess Sopho, being the moderator of the art section, should be able to decide and respond in a more justifying and fullfilling way, BUT HE IS NO WERE TO BE SEEN LATELY :evil:

Level 13
also, please do NOT steal things and put them up. we dont really care unless you made it OR if you give the credit to a person that you know actually made it, and they check the replys so they can pick up new tactics on drawing or whatever.

also, please dont spam the art section with screenshots and things you did not make. its very irritating and people SHOULD be banned for it (hint hint) but are only warned for posting some 10 spam art -_-

thanks!

Level 5
well i apreciate all the comments people.. but i u guys kinda treat me like i have no idea bout what the rules on this site are.. i know stealing and spemming sux i am against it myselve.. but somehow u guys seem to warm me alot not to do that.. anyways the purpose of this question was if (for example) poetry (with w3 as the subject ofcourse) would be considerd potential art to be put up in the art section... but from what i've read (with thanks to malice i apreciate your comments) its all visual

Level 7
Weeniedog, its just because this guy violated the rules of the section bigtime, and people has been all like - wow, now I'm confused, I'm just gonna sit here and not look at this crap. And then, the Moderator is away for three days (no one can blame them, they need thier breaks :wink: ) so it was kindda long before the crap was removed, thats why people has been on edge :wink:

Level 5
many people on this site only consider fantasy-realistic art and sculptures art, so it's probarbly a good idea to follow them and do as they say.
in other words, just post visual non-abstract pictures. =)

Level 6
For me, art is a way of expressing your feelings and what you like/dislike. For example, making a drawing of a muscled guy might tell that you are muscular... Or want to be...

Just giving feedback :)

EDIT:: 200th comment :D

Level 2
Erm, art can be a very good way to express yourself or your ideas, but not really made for for thoses points or reflect the personality, im a guy, happy to be one but i like to draw girls for the only reason there is more grace in any women than any guy, however i draw guys too. I dont personnaly have a crush for realism drawing but i still do its since i think exploring the style is a part of what is needed to get better...

anyway art = a big word, you can do art with almost anything in any domain as long you ''create'' it yourself, an exemple could be let me see... scratching with a pen and getting a result is art, we did an exercice for school, we had to make our own tool and create a font type with that is another form of art just like music and writing ect...

What does it represent for me = life, i got almost no hobbies, art is the only thing i love more than all, without a possibility of doing art i get depressive (thats what happened to me some years, drawing since 1 year and really im happy with my life more than i ever been) sounds weird but thats me...

Status
Not open for further replies.