• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I see no art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
wtf.. art? where? :shock:
Art=Drawing (no?)
Wc3 Screen shots are not art!
I WANT SOME PRETTY ART!

Level 12
I guess you're right. Because a majority of people don't draw freehand, it's hard to come through with real art like Blizzard's.

Level 13
it's such a stab to see screenshots with only text here, it's rather not pleasant, there should be a minimum of quality, heck the white and grey drawings that are in the first page are shitty, the screenshots with added screenshots could be considered as art, but definitivly not as a drawing.

it will most likely not move.

Level 21
Wormskull said:
it's such a stab to see screenshots with only text here, it's rather not pleasant, there should be a minimum of quality, heck the white and grey drawings that are in the first page are shitty, the screenshots with added screenshots could be considered as art, but definitivly not as a drawing.

it will most likely not move.

You may be true but in everyone's opinion on wc3sear, a art can be a different interpreation to them. Art means alot of things and you can't just say a " a freehand drawn footman is not art " because it is art for the drawer.
Not to mention wc3sear's artists are not the best so their art may not be that professional as Blizzard's fan art (Blizzard's fan art inspired me to tell Darky about Fan Art for wc3sear and it got approved)
Remember, if its that " crappy " it could be removed and most of the time, the drawer knows whether it is art or not (folllowing the rules in my rule thread of course)

Level 5
art = drawings are just a myth nowadays. it started to disappear in the artistic world when Andy Warhol was massproducing his prints.
today, art is about the concept, about the idea behind the result. it doesn't matter how goodlooking you make a picture, take a photo or make a sculpture, if you don't have something to say with it, and express your idea (and it must be a good idea), then it's not art. no matter how beautiful it are.

art is everything and nothing. it's all up to the artist.

BLX

BLX

Level 2
art is everything and nothing. it's all up to the artist.

I agree...as long as you have something that you think it's art...it's all good. If people have the tendency to try to show something that they scribbled out on papers, they are hooked onto arts.

I had a few drawings but I don't have a scanner to get them onto here or elsewhere... :(

Level 1
Art is everything because everyone sees art in a different way therefor it all depends on what you think of it. For instance art to me is...

THREAD RESURECTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.