• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Disable Player Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Idk if this can be done with trigger or if it is a setting in world editor, but i was wondering how u would disable the player chat. (i.e: in Parasite 2, whenever u type a message, that message becomes a text, instead of the usual chat). I'm making a map where the enemy can cut off radio signal, causing the chat to be disabled, but u can still enter messages, they jsut aren't seen by anyone (doesn't matter if it is in the chat log or not, preferably no tho). If needed, plz ask for clarification on this. ty

Level 6
I have an idea. Let's say for the allies chat. Whenever someone types something, you can change the alliance of all allies to enemy for 0,01 second. But this will only work for ally chat.

I search a bit for you problem and ill come up with better solution

Level 4
xD.Schurke im not looking for a new chat system, i just want to find a way to completely disable the chat system

Level 4
unfortunetly, i dont understand the JASS scripts (at least that wat i think it is). ill try to, and see if that can be converted to GUI.

ya... i dont understand it at all...

Level 4
well then, does anyone kno how to make the chat similar to Parasite 2 then? even if i hav to disable chat for the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.