• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preventing Chat Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do you prevent someone from talking, or rather, how can you make it so if someone types a message, nothing pops up on the screen?

Of course, you'd still be able to see the message in the chat log... but yeah.

How do you do this?

Would it be Trigger - Player Types a Chat Message...

But what would be th eaction? Theres a cinematic to turn off game text, but not one to clear the screen of player chat messages.

Is there something under Gameplay Interface? I looked there.

Thanks for any help.

Level 14
you could use a system to prevent ALL transmissions and just create those you want on the screen via (entered chat string -> saved in a variable)

You can find a system like this here on the hive, just search for it, im very sure, this exists!

Its a combination of gameplay constants extentions and some nice tricks to "hide" the written text.

Level 9
Thank you, I wasted some time looking through all the systems here.

Even if they are nice =P.

Edit: Works very nice.

If anyone in the future, follows that link, where it says "make lots of spaces", dont make TOO many. Make just enough that it makes no text show. Any more then that, I found, causes the whole thing to reset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.