• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Disable control over own units trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings,

I would like to request a trigger that enables a player to train a unit and lose control over it. Note that I don't want it to be another player's unit. I still want it to be the player's unit, except for the fact that he can not control it in any way. Castle Fight has a similar system.

I would very much appreciate some help on this!

Yours,
Chizume

Last edited:
Level 33
LoL I THOUGHT YOU WERE MENTIONING HQ UNIT !!!
Okay, in CF, you got 2 ways of making the unit comes out
First, build the building then do nothing
Second, build the building and cancel all unit production bar
Then, you can enable the production back by clicking either Research button or Train button
It is simply you CAN control the building dude
Trust me, I've played CF and mastered Goblin's side =)
Suicide all the way~

EDIT:
Well, my current version now is 1.24e WHICH doesn't support Castle Fight map
I can't test it
Although I quite remember how the game is carried on

Level 11
Oh I'm sorry, my bad. I wrote build but meant train. If you have played CF you know as well as I do that the buildings are supposed to be controlled, but the units that run along the lanes aren't. And that is just what I want.

Also, the version I linked (1.14b) works on the latest patch for Warcraft III. Happy gaming :)

Level 33
No, since my knowledge doesn't get to that level yet =)
I suppose, the creator disable UI Button on the unit
Remember, that IF the UI is disabled, the unit can still perform normal activity such as Attack or Move
I tried disable Attack UI by changing it to False and eureka !
I can still order the unit to Attack EVEN with disabled UI

Okay, it's hard as it is easy.

First of all, the units need classification: Ward.
Why ward? Because Ward removes the Combat UI from the unit, it is used for Serpent Wards, Healing Wards, Sentry Wards.

Optional: Remove the unit sounds.

Secondly, We need to create a trigger which denies the unit's orders, examble you can see from Watermelon's testmap.

Thirdly, We index -every- spawned unit. If you don't know how to index, search for Dynamical Indexing System by Kingz ( 'n Paladon ).

Goddammit I should create a system for it.. Huoh. Explaining it is just boring.

Level 11
Greetings,

Watermelon's testmap along with Offgraphic's description made it look like it was the most simple thing in the world! Now I think I have pretty much all information that I need.

Can't believe I didn't think of ward though.

Thanks a bunch to all of you!

Yours,
Chizume

Status
Not open for further replies.