• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Direhorn

When ya fight alongside raptors, ya want a mount dey can't eat.

Direhorn, dinosaur based on the equivalent in World of Warcraft. A Ceratopsian dinosaur tamed and used by the Zandalari tribe as a beast of war and burden, mostly war.
Useful as a heavy siege or tank unit in a troll faction, creep unit beside turtles, Devilsaur, Thunder Lizards or Trolls on a Sunken Ruins, Ashenvale or Troll inspired maps.
Team colors and two differens Icons included.
Please credit me if you use this model.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
troll, direhorn, dinosaur, triceratops, creep, beast, world of warcraft
Contents

Direhorn Blue (Model)

Direhorn Brown (Model)

Direhorn Dark (Model)

Direhorn Green (Model)

Direhorn Red (Model)

DirehornIconFirst (Icon)

DirehornIconSecond (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
An interesting and lovely made model. Works in-game and performs well. Good job!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Wow.

I'm torn, because while it's obviously excellent work & very cool & fills a few niches (Trolls, dinos, creeps, etc), once you start putting it next to all that standard in-game stuff it really rather sticks out to me (aesthetically). Might be the custom texture, but kinda also the size... Ah dannae.

Still, a complete pack with a very extensive write-up (all those screenshots!). Thank you.

Level 27
Wow.

I'm torn, because while it's obviously excellent work & very cool & fills a few niches (Trolls, dinos, creeps, etc), once you start putting it next to all that standard in-game stuff it really rather sticks out to me (aesthetically). Might be the custom texture, but kinda also the size... Ah dannae.

Still, a complete pack with a very extensive write-up (all those screenshots!). Thank you.

The original texture was a higher resolution, removed that and got a bit closer to the Warcraft style, I'll look into it.
The model is a bit large but nothing scaling can't fix, 0.70 is about the right size.

Level 10
yes more dino models! again very nice model from u dude hope there's more to come(dino stuffs)
and is it fine if u make an armored version of this and the Devilsaur like in wow or TW2 Lizardmen inspired ones

Level 27
Wow.

Looks good based on screenshots.
The animations look convincing.
If feel like it has a bit too much spotted texture and could just have skin.
Team color around the horns and the back spikes would have been enough.

Went through quite a few versions of TC coloring, using the WoW version as a base, the stripes are there to add a little color and variation to the otherwise single colored skin.
Can't do much about the model size unless someone have a tool to shrink the bones. Thank you for the Criticism, going back to the drawing board and see what I can do.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Great model, great animations, not so great textures.

I know you're trying to mimic the Blizzard style (which I hope more people would do), but right now, the textures a bit too... Plain?

Also the TC of the Blue Direhorn is invisible.

Anyway, keep up the great work. :)

Level 27
Great model, great animations, not so great textures.

I know you're trying to mimic the Blizzard style (which I hope more people would do), but right now, the textures a bit too... Plain?

Also the TC of the Blue Direhorn is invisible.

Anyway, keep up the great work. :)

Actually tried to get the textures to match with Warcraft 3. Ther are a lot of cool creatures and models
in WoW witch would be awesome to see and use in WC3, especially if you're making a custom faction or campaign.

Blue Direhorn model is updated and should work now.