• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Difficulty Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1C

E1C

Level 2
Hey guys! I'm back with another question:

Is it meant to be incredibly difficult to move on in the game?

I'll elaborate a bit, maybe my buddies and I are missing something.

Right now we have me (A level 9 Cleric), my friend (A level 9 Squire), and my other friend (A level 9 Thief).

We couldn't even take out the Level 5 Giant Crab or the Level 6 Giant Wolf without the assistance of a much higher level Berserker.

Do we simply need more people (4-6)? Or are we missing something?

We're all Diamond rated in League of Legends (One being Challenger), and we all are pretty high level in regular Warcraft, so I don't think we are doing anything wrong Micro wise, but it just seems like some of mobs (especially in the first dungeon) are flooring us and we just aren't putting out the damage to take anything out.

We tried to kill the troll a couple times (Mavulu) and he absolutely floored us.

Any thoughts?

Level 13
Have you noticed that the armor system works significantly different in Gaias than it does in regular WC3? Each point of armor reduces each point of physical damage by 1.

For Mavulu, you'll need to heal through his dps and time your stuns to disable his skills.

Its quite difficult for early ungeared parties to do the first few bosses due to their high damage output. Work on getting better gear and agro generation for your squire, as you'll find that agro will often jump to the healer otherwise.

What kind of setup/gear/stats are you running for each class?

The bosses are indeed meant to be difficult but if you work on improving your armor and gear for at the very least, the tank, youll have better results.

E1C

E1C

Level 2
Theif is all into Agility and Stregth
Squire is all into Strength and Constitution
Cleric is all into Intellect and (Wisdom?)

Level 9
Well, in this game you kind of need health, as some bosses will hit random targets, that are not the tank, I would advise your theif friend to go agil/const and you should, as a cleric only really put at most 5 points into wisdom, as you should not need more mana than that, even for some of the toughest fights. Also, get your squire the heavy chainmail, it is a really good armor peice, it requires 1 poor pelt, 2 iron ores, and 1 pearl I beleive, you can get the iron from low level bandits, the poor pelt from wolves, and pearl from the level 3 crabs. You can buy the recipe from the Riversdale blacksmith for 75, or 150 at most.

Level 13
Basically what ihaz said. Constitution is the most important stat in the game. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that really; str has little use for a thief, especially early game. Its a good secondary stat just not now.

Level 4
Ihaz said it all.

Your party should have
Tanker - someone to hold the threat/aggro
healer - someone to heal (OH REALLY?!)
DPS - The damage dealers

And you pretty much have it, squire, cleric and thief, your party seems solid (you may also hire a mercenary since they help alot)

As ihaz said, your party should not only have those all atributes. but also have gear.

If you follow this instructions and those from Vestra and Ihaz you should be just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.