• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Difficult question] Change lightning effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,
now I have a big problem and it's not sure if I get here an answer :confused:
My question is :
Is it possible to change the lightning effect (graphics - lightning effect) by a unit.
With lightning effect I mean such spells like chainlightning, manadrain,lifedrain and so one..
I made a alternative model for one of these effects, but I can't find a way to change the effect ...
I replaced under manadrain(Target) and the other one the models but this doesn't matter, when I choose with the Bloodmage Hero under lightning effects mana drain, there is the old animation and not my new model...

So I am confused and I wonder, is it possible to change the lightning effects ?!

Level 9
Lightning effects aren't really models, but you can change them by changing the texture they use. So, for example, import a texture with the path "Textures\Zap1_Red.blp" to change the finger of death lightning effect texture. I can't find any other lightning textures right now, so try that one first.
Btw, the models you were changing are the effects it shows at the caster, and at the target of the spell, but not in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.