• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Different Cast Animation depending on caster's animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone,

As the title say, i am looking for a way to make different Cast Animation of a spell, depending on whether the animation is available for the unit or not.

For instance, I use many different units which all may have the same spell. The spell has the cast animation "spell" in the data base.

But, among the units whom may have this spell, some have no "spell" animation, like "Bandit lord" for instance. This means that when Bandit Lord will use my spell, it will not play its cast animation.

Therefore, I need a way to make the caster play "spell" if available, or either it will play "attack" instead to avoid blank animation.

Thanks for help

Level 28
I think you can add the "attack" tag in Art - Animation Names and the unit will use that animation if it doesn't have a spell animation.

Alternatively, you can use triggers to order the unit to play a specific animation when she casts an ability.

Or you can edit the Bandit lord model by adding a "spell" animation to it or rename/duplicate the attack animation into "spell" animation.

Level 3
Hi,

About adding an animation 2 (spell, attack) in object editor, unfortunately I had already tried it but that does not work.

Editing model is not possible because there are plenty of units concerned by this case, and that would to too much effort.

Triggers is the solution i am using right now, but everytime i create a new unit type i have to add it to my trigger, which is a bit more bothering than a data base solution, but I see no other way currently. It's strange that there is no way to play animation 2 if the caster does not have animation 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.