• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Die-Based Damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there everyone!

Does anyone happen to know whether die-based damage on units (like in Warcraft) will be available? Cause yet so far I haven't seen it.

Best regards, Ice_bane

Level 19
As far as I am aware it hasn't been stated by Blizzard themselves. They have merely mentioned some features but they never went into anything specific trigger related beside mouse x/y detection and keyboard etc.

Yea never really thought about that... 1 dice with 100 sides, is just a random number between 0 and 99, whereas 25 4 sided dice, is almost guaranteed to average out around 50 damage, with the occasional 75, but rarely varrying beyond that.

The primary flaw i see in this system, is the inability to make extreemes more common than middle numbers.

A far better system would be a min to max, with a slide bar for chance
(on the left side, your more likely to either deal somewhere near minimum, or somewhere near maximum damage, with a greater chance to deal 'average' damage on the right)

Hopefully we have coding access to all of the core systems of the game.. that way we can code more integrated systems. Also everything ingame should be disableable XD

Status
Not open for further replies.