• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] 'Dialogue hero pick' and 'picked player' trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody could assist me with a little problem. I have a 12v12 "hero" map and I've run into something rather annoying.
When I set up the trigger for my 'Dialogue hero picking' system i can make everything work just fine, until i get to actually creating the unit. If I use 'create unit' for 'Player 1 (red)' it works just fine, but if I ask it to 'create unit' for 'Picked Player' nothing happens. I could just create a trigger for each player, but this would result in 120 triggers just for the unit selection. Am I misunderstanding the 'picked player' function?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not very well versed in triggers so If I'm a bit slow, please bear with me.

Level 2
For trigger event responses (Triggering Player) should be used for the player that made an action, like clicking an dialogue. (Picked Player) is only used within a "Pick All Players - And Do Actions" enumeration.

Ohh, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick help.

Status
Not open for further replies.