• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Dialog Won't Appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I need some serious help here. I'm in the process of creating my first Dialog button setup, but it won't appear. When I have it set to show the dialog, I'm treated to a blank screen with nothing in it.

Here's the trigger I'm trying to get working:
PNiUulz.png

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Level 18
Still having trouble. This help clear up some of the questions you guys have. I took some advice from the thread.

Note: that "-show" trigger was just a an extra test trigger I made. This is the core trigger.
1gDY7jt.png

zsg7saZ.png

Level 7
This trigger works completely fine for me:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -show as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear myDialog[1]
      • Dialog - Change the title of myDialog[1] to MyTitle
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for myDialog[1] labelled button1
      • Set Button1 = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for myDialog[1] labelled button2
      • Set Button2 = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for myDialog[1] labelled button3
      • Set Button3 = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Show myDialog[1] for Player 1 (Red)
Also, in your "core" trigger, why do you have this?

• Set PickASide[0] = PickASide[1]

Level 18
You can't show dialogs in "Map Initialization".

I didn't. The core trigger just sets up the dialog and button positions.

Also, in your "core" trigger, why do you have this?

I thought it would help or something. It didn't.
Hmmm, you seem to do everything I did, but you get actual results. I wonder what's going wrong on my end?

Level 7
Make a completely new map and just put that one trigger in it... it should work. I want to say that it might be another one of your triggers messing something up but I don't see how that's possible with Dialogs.

Another suggestion is to just delete that trigger you have, and re-do it. It's not likely at all, but I remember GUI->JASS translations get messed up VERY RARELY if you copy and paste stuff.

Level 18
I managed to get the dialog to appear by deleting the "map initialization" trigger and moving everything to the "-show" trigger. I guess what happened is it became confused because it had to work with outdated or redundant data.

Thank you all for the help.

Level 2
Mm ... some days ago i have same problem .. so , when i come back from schoool .. i'll try to help you .. Now send me PM with the actual trigger and other triggers.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.