• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yes. After warcraft 3 got sucessful, they made TFT, it was cool again, and they made WoW. It was cool again...(Yes, they delayed starcraft ghost)...and now Burning Crusade's going in soon, and a warcraft live action MOVIE is gonna be made...News on the blizzard site.

Level 36
Ralle, I have to disagree. If you look at Xfire stats there are a ton of people playing TFT and thats all thanks to WoW. I mean I would rather see a warcraft 4 instead of a WoW expansion any day, but its thanks to WoW that TFT isn't just another forgotten game that no one plays anymore. But, Blizzard HAS forsaken us. Even though WC3 is still doing just great and has a strong playerbase, there will never be a WC4 (or not for a long, long time). This has already been proved by Starcraft Ghost and Burning Crusade (one pushed out of the way to make more room for the other). As long as Blizzard has a massive MMO with 6.5 million people paying 15 dollars a month to play their game, tey don't need to release aything else except expansions to keep the WoW playerbase giving them tons and tons of $$$$$. Blizzard isn't about the game guys, its about the money.

Level 12
There has been talk of it for a long time, the people who were developing it got fired and made Guild Wars.

Level 18
Look, Starcraft Ghost has been "Indefinately Postponed" which means it's been put off for unspecified period of time, most likely forever. And Malufa,
Malufa said:
the people who were developing it got fired and made Guild Wars.

The founders of Blizzard wanted to have WoW low- or no-pay per month and they wanted to change several other things about it to make it less level/item based, so it was less dependant on how long you've played it for (to make you play it for longer so they make more money) and more on how skilled you were, however, their board of directors (or w/e) voted against their ideas and they quit and started ArenaNet (the company behind Guild Wars).

Level 36
yep, too bad guildwars sucks... I would honestly like WoW to have been that kind of game though, just liek every MMO promises that it will be. I don't have the time to play 125 hours a week, nor to find groups and all the like for my quests. I barely play the game, while my friends play mobsessively, which is why their level 60 and i'm not. The game should be made to suite all types of gamers, not just the rabidly hardcore with a lot of free time on their hands.

Level 12
Guild wars is great in my opinion. The level cap is low, items are semi-easy to get, the hard part is the skills. They are rather simple, even tho some take some time and groups, so even that is not a challenge. The challenge comes not from have an uber high level or the best gear, all the power comes from which skills you use and how you use them. This means that it is up to the player to be good, which is what I absolutely love about the game. It is all based upon your skill, not your stats, items, or anything else.

Level 12
I quit it and got a refund, I suggest you do the same thing. The actual game is worse than alpha testing was and they listen even less.

Level 12
No, do not buy it, it is a piece of junk.

Guild Wars is basically an updated D3 with an emphasis on players skills. Since it is not needed to pay per month it is highly popular among all ages. It should be noted that it is best played with a group of friends as henchmen are only good for so much (like the healer) but are easily surpassed by a competant sentient player.

Status
Not open for further replies.