• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deviantart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This is probably better off in the off-topic section but anyway..

I really like your art, it's got a nice style to it, despite the lack of colour I feel there is plenty of depth and detail to the images. Not only that but you've got quite a wide variety to ^^
One thing I did notice is some of your posing looks very 'static' or unnatural and may even have a few anatomy issues.

-"Lookout" and "Useful Magic" were two that jumped out at me, particularly the former.

Otherwise, I seriously can't fault it. Though that said, I'm no artist :p

Level 49
This should go to the Concept Art and Fan Art forum. I saw those in WC3C, pretty nice stuff.

Anyways, since I'm a fan of trolls I'm gonna comment on "Headhunter". First of all, the nose is too fat and short in my opinion, but it might be the perspective. I think you got the head kinda wrong, but I don't know. It looks nice either way. I definitely recommend doing trolls with more tattoos and decorations though, perhaps war paint on their chests and faces as well as various voodoo trinkets and feathers and such.

Level 45
They are nice, but DUUUUDEE..
STOP using lined leaftlet paper!!! You are ruining your art by doing that!!!!

Its really not that expensive to have pure white printing paper or something, just ANYTHING UP LINED PAPER!!!!!

I can't stress this enough, its like drawing decent/finished work on tissue paper, they wont last, that paper turns brown very easily, its thin and the surface holds little greylead.

Try some REALLLY nice visual art pad diary paper or illustration paper (best to use ink on these) but maaan..once you get better paper (and a dark B pencil) your work will stand out more. Really, you are using very shit stuff to make decent stuff, that overall lessons the durablity and quality of the outcome.

Also, experiment more, the world isnt ruled by greylead pencils :). try colour more.

anyway, as stated, should be in the concept art forum. But yes, good drawings, decent, abit pudgy in alot of areas with some anatomy off, but decent, you just need better tools and different mediums and media surfaces.

Level 7
Sorry, I don't know these forums yet,

I know that lined paper is not the best, but I can explain it why I am using these: because these are from my school notebooks. Sometimes I get bored at school (especially during maths classes) , I tear out a page from my notebook and draw something.
About the tools: I used a different pencil for the first ones, and they were quite old, when I scanned them, so they became blurry and gray.

I know that the 'Lookout' and the 'Useful Magic' are pretty ...well... ugly, I had problems with the basics of the scene.
My favorite is the 'Retreat'. The first one was the Gan'arg.

Status
Not open for further replies.