• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detecting Melee Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was curious, how do you detect how much a unit's melee damage does, once he deals the damage?

for instance: I need a system that uses floating text to display the damage he does,

people have told me to use the critical hit system, setting the ability critical strike to 100% and dealing 0 extra damage, well i don't want that system, it sucks and you cant change the color.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Actualy... you can change the color... all you need to do is just mod what it says and put the thing between the special color codes -.-

Level 2
but still, i wanna be able to manipulate the floating text more then just showing the damage.

-.-''

Level 11
There are several different systems that in theory can detect melee damage, but they all have draw backs and none of them are very efficient.

Level 19
You need 2 systems for that
Because you can only detect damage with Unit Takes Damage event
we have a unit takes damage event but it works for only specify units
first is CSCache by Vexorian
second is Any Unit Takes Damage by Shadow1500
(I couldnt find the links)
Anyway you are your own or Call PurplePoot for help :D
Custom Script: call PurplePoot(help)

Status
Not open for further replies.