• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detect Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm trying to do a spell that detects if a unit comes near your unit by 1500 range.

The spell is a passive one, based in truesight that have 900 range. But i wanna that it also ping in minimap (Only for you) if any units come within 1500 range of you.

I tried some ways, but seems that don't have a nice way to do that...
All the ways I thought would increase lag ingame. (periodic event, checks if unit is issued order...)

Level 12
Does it need to be any unit, or a specific one ?
Any unit that comes in range of Inuyasha

If it needs to be a specific one, make the trigger without any event, then in another trigger add the event. This allows you to use a variable.
You cannot use variable to the event, so you cannot add:
Unit - unit comes within 1500 range of xxx
xxx = Inuyasha

So this only works for unit that as already placed in world editor.

If it needs to be any unit, you'll need to use a periodic event.
Lag.

Level 40
That's because variables represent a value, so when you put in a variable, it subs in the current value thereof. Since at map initialization that value is null, GUI prevents you from doing it since

• It would cause bugs
  • Many would not understand why it didn't work

And you don't need a periodic trigger - you can just create a dynamic trigger for the time it's needed.

Level 12
you can add Events using triggers saishy, with variables becoming specific units

you should know though, once the Event has been created, its unchangable(meaning, changing the variable will not change ´the even) and its undestroyable

Level 12
you can add Events using triggers saishy, with variables becoming specific units

you should know though, once the Event has been created, its unchangable(meaning, changing the variable will not change ´the even) and its undestroyable
This is a problem... if the player choose Inuyasha and them repick, the other hero will have that ability...

I need a better way :(

Edit: Can I make a dynamic region that follows a unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.