• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Detect Cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
You can detect some, but not all of them. Combining an Issued Order wich can be canceled, and setting a Boolean to "True", then check if the player press ESC while Boolean is True, means "cancel", else, the Cancel order Kala suggested.

Level 20
That's why I said "Some (abilities)". Buildings, Constructions, Upgrades, Channel abilities, etc. can be detected, therefore, detect the cancel with ESC or with Cancel Order.

after one clicks on the ability and the little targeting cursor comes up

I believe orders are only given once the target is picked, and judging from the quoted statement, he is asking about detecting when a player cancels during the time between the ability click and the choosing of target, meaning no order yet exists... so how will you couple detecting the over-time cancellable order + ESC event if the order doesn't even exist on the first place?

example I click an aoe targeted ability, then before I choose a location on where to cast it, I decided not to cast it... that is the type of cancelling that he wants to detect and not cancelling an on-going ability...

at least that's what I understood from his statement...

edit:

hmmm.... you better try kala's suggestion... though I think it will work for all cancelations, which might not be always good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.