• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destructibe Tooltips/Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hi,

is it possibe to make long names/tooltips for destructibles so you can see them when hovering over the destructibe?

I've found a tutorial about this on WC3C here(it works by creating a destructibe and then changing its name in the wc3map.wts data, because space in object editor is limited) but every time i try it and want to open the map it says the .wts data is corrupted...

has anyone done something like this before? or knows another way? this would help me a lot. Or is it possible that it's not working anymore because of patches/updates since the tutorial was made?

Thanks!

Level 13
I think what you want to do is Look in Selectable In Game -- Set to true then when you hover over it you see the objects name, so name it the "tooltip" though I'm sure there is a limit.

Level 10
yes i know there is a limit the tutorial i linked above is meant to make it possible
to create longer names (tooltips) than the limit is... but apparently it does not work...

Status
Not open for further replies.