• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Destroying special effects other than the last... dealing damage based on level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Using GUI how can i destroy or remove special effects other than last created special effect? And (also using GUI) how can i have a trigger enhanced spell (trigger does damage as well) damage the unit(s) targeted according to the level of the spell. Im sure that these are probably very simple answers to some of the more advanced ppl here but thanks for all answers :)

Level 4
missiles models or sfx specific models (mostly any w/o animation sequences like stand or walk) can be immediately destroyed after created with no waits needed. u'd think that they dont even appear, but it actually plays the entire animation of the model. not sure if u already knew that...this way u wouldnt need to refer back to these sfx. but to answer ur sfx question if they r not these types of models (ie. a unit model), u would need either custom scripts n locals (look into any gui leak fixing tutorial) or global sfx var/arrays...n setting variables when u create the sfx

bout ur 2nd question, explore the integer drop down list...look for lvl of ability being cast or something like that. might need a real to integer if u dealing dmg

Level 8
K first issue solved, special effects remove successively! Problem with having the ability deal damage according to lvl with triggers though...I looked on the list checked real, integers, and strings list, none of them had level of ability or ability level or anything similar. Anybody have any ideas on how i could patch together a solution? I dont care how complex and crazy the idea is just as long as its GUI. If its JASS feel free to sumit it but youll have to explain how to import the right variables, unless you use the ones already in the WEU. Thanks for all replies!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
  • Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (100.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
This will deal 100 damage multiplied by the level of the skill being cast (replace it with your skill if you wish)
For the underlined functions, use Conversion - Convert Integer to Real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.