• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Designer Advice for Modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm looking for modelers yes but im not requesting on this section, actually, im asking for advice.

I've found its awful tough to find modelers who actually know how to animate the model or create it from scratch. Most infact, use templates and mix and match preset models to best fit their needs.

On a new project im starting with a team rite now, its impossible for that to be used, not cos it cant be done or the project requires it... but as an artist and perfectionist in some weys.. i require it, cos... rlly, in my eyes, it is needed...
im about to get a few submissions rdy so that i can request modelers to wrk on models for me as i go along on this personall beta im wrking on. This includes sketches and concepts...
i need advice to wot u ppl would prefer to go off of on tryin to make my requests for totally origianal models and animations for WC3. Ive got my visions, and ive done my concepts, but i need to know from a modeler/animater's point of view of wot they'd best want in order to do somthing for a client of this magnitude...

basic'ly, im asking if u modelers hav any requests on how i should show my request ;) lol

ty lots
-Gloryn-

Level 3
Well, u never answered my question and i take it i wont recieve any true answer from u so.........

Well i would learn how too if it ment that id devote my life to it. Also, if i was interested in modeling and how to properly request a client, i wouldnt be even on this site looking for more willing and humble parnters now would i?
pls remember som of us hav other lives and relationships to attend too. Im alrdy a cencept designer and story writer for a team so i dont need ppl breathing down my neck on a simple question in which is supposed to benefit u as the modeler. Id prefer sticking to the 2 jobs i alrdy hav as a musician and a designer, and i plan to wrk with team members with hopfully... more social skills then wot im seeing...

ty and hav a nice day

PS. Geomerges are nice but im looking past that. Pls excuse me for my further reaches to grow.

-Gloryn-

Level 3
rite then, so maybe we should get back to the origianal subjuct lol...

kk, so um... can some one pls read my first post? where the question was?

second, just cos im prolly gonna get banned anyweys for having a back bone, how come he is allowed to piss me off and im not allowed to mention any to the contrary? isnt that kind'a... one sided? Unfair? or... blantently, guys... sry...Stupid? He was um, kinda upset answering my post to begin with. Please explian ur priorities here.

3rdly, um, i sed once, i dont hav time, im a music writer, i sing, im a story writer, i write... im a concept designer ... i mean.. good god, all im asking for is how u guys would like to be appraoched?
im going to college for 15 hour days and wrking on personall projects that i can use in my portfolio and ur being butts about it... im not tryin to hav the pity party, personally, its frigging awsome to hav a life as active as that, but com on, ...

kk so il take the hint, im not allowed to get pissed off from mods anyweyz, fine...
and i guess im not "good enough" cos i cant seem to learn the material myself. Obviously ur better than me.

u ppl cant even answer my question and none of ur stuff is related to it, even ur "tutorials".. i mean, seriously, u gotta agree with me, it dont teach u on how to present concepts to a modeler for making finals.
im soz, ive been to 3 years of Fine Arts in TCU, Im going to the Art Institute for a BFE in Game Design, pushing myself forward is how im even in the gaming industry now... its how im even composing, and looking into a contract with Virgin Records...
i dont have high standards...
wot it is, is i hav no LIMITS, and i like to hav fun... thats all... geeze, im sry for "goin' agianst the flow"...
cant beleive im getting a Bachlors Degree and just now finding out this is a bad thing for normality...

oh god, just nevermind... obviously if i dont have time to just "do it myself", then i shouldnt have time to even be on here,
sorry
il go now
bann me if u will for simply standing up instead of cowaring away...

"Man would best serve himself if he served others first"

sincerely and lastly,
-Gloryn-

Level 2
Well, apparently if you don't know how to do something and the project is lacking it, a team would cover that.

im a good modeler, kinda animator and first time skinner...
so...In my project, it is basically custom models/skins and small/large triggers. I don't have a team, and don't really need to have a team. If I need help I would ask in the forums.

A team in your project covers your problems. Some specialize in other things and make a project complete. If you want to learn how to, then go do so, it took me a long time to finally be good at it. If you don't want to do it, find someone who will. If you don't want to do it yourself or find someone who will, then well... then...tough.

and about finding modelers doing models from scratch. I would bet they are hard to find being that they might have previous engagements such as like you.

Level 25
Yes, from-scratch modelers are hard to find, because so few people learn how the hell to do it

You've said it yourself: You're too busy doing other things to learn HOW to make them, and that's a mindframe most other people take. And learning how to do it is easy: Download Vertex Modifier, download WC3 Converter and download WC3 Viewer, and experiment. Its how I learnt

As for requestion, you have to give the person you want the favour of a REASON. An INCENTIVE. You have to give them OPTIONS. Saying you want a from-scratch model when a geomerge could suffice is really dumb, and any from-scratch modelers who see it are going to say "Pfff, screw it, too lazy" and go off and do other things

And I don't ban people for disagreeing with me. I know that people have their own opinions. So don't give me the "Oh noez I disagreed with the harsh dictator mod and now he's gonna roast my ass over an open fire D=". I hate that. Well, I like it in that "Hey, I have power" way, but not in the general respect way

Just because my suggestions don't fall in your category of suggestions doesn't mean they're not suggestions. I've been around the block of WC3 modding for a while, and I've had successful requests, and unsuccessful ones. Mostly unsuccessful ones

Status
Not open for further replies.