• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DemonHunter

A heavy sword :D

Fixed: Power line in both sides and better handle.

*Update 1: right scale

Now:

101992d1305752962-demonhunter-8.demonhunter.jpg

Screenshot:

101993d1305752962-demonhunter-ingame.jpg

Keywords:
Blue, Label, Demon, Hunter, Sword, Heavy, KayS, Diablo, Gold, Power, Line, Ridiculous
Contents

DemonHunter (Model)

Reviews
Works in-game and performs well. Approved.
Doesn't quite look as good as the other models...
Handle is way too thin
Blade is too wide
Blade lacks the detail of your other attachments, with its simple shape.
3/5 atm. If you thicken the handle and resize the blade (it's simple at an impossible size, look at the proportions compared to the villager), I will give you a 4/5. If you make the blade a bit more complicated, like your other models, I'll give it a 5/5. For example, you could add a blood gutter.

Edit: I think I rated this a bit too harshly after being used to your other awesome equipment. I'm giving it a 4/5, but it still does need a thicker handle and something to the blade, perhaps a blood gutter as I'd mentioned above.

Last edited:
Level 16
Doesn't quite look as good as the other models...
Handle is way too thin
Blade is too thick
Blade lacks the detail of your other attachments, with its simple shape.
3/5 atm. If you thicken the handle and resize the blade (it's simple at an impossible size, look at the proportions compared to the villager), I will give you a 4/5. If you make the blade a bit more complicated, like your other models, I'll give it a 5/5. For example, you could add a blood gutter.

But this weapon is not made for a villager! I know there is a villager in the ingame picture, but I didn't had a model of a hero without weapon. oK I'm agree with your advice of the Blade, but for now, I love the design of the handle : ( !! I'll try a better Blade ; )

Level 26
well...the problem is just that no man could hold that sword with in that size :/
2 handed broadswords are fine and all, but they should still be holdable :>

oh and to me the green skull looks a bit out of place compared to the rest of the weapon.

Level 16
Ok, ajusted the scale and in the screenshot another character.

well...the problem is just that no man could hold that sword with in that size :/
2 handed broadswords are fine and all, but they should still be holdable :>

oh and to me the green skull looks a bit out of place compared to the rest of the weapon.

It's the strange detail!! I like this texture and I think it gives a special color green to the weapon.

Attachments

• 8.DemonHunter.jpg
    8.DemonHunter.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4,231
  • Ingame.jpg
    Ingame.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 4,301
The handle still looks kinda thin. Btw I'm talking about the part he HOLDS. Not the dragon wings, they look fine.
The part of the handle he is holding, though, is still way too thin!
Also, you still haven't done anything to complicate the blade. It's acceptable as it is, but if it's going to be as epic as your other models, it needs something more. Such as a blood gutter. (a blood gutter is quite literally a gutter for blood; it's a depressed line down the center of the sword to allow the enemy's blood to spurt out of them while blade is still in them)
This is still a kickass sword, but it isn't quite as impressive as some of your other attachments. Seeing your Palm, Muramasa, Armageddon and Red Sun attachments kinda permanantly raised my expectations.

Last edited:
Level 16
KayS, please thicken the handle! I'm not talking about the blade atm, the model still has the same issue it had before! The handle! The part that you hold! It's too thin, like a twig! Y-Y

I know what are you talking about, but I like the actual structure. Well I'm not absolutely happy with the blade now, it's too simple for my style. I'll do a new version with a new blade and better handle :S