• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demo Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm on to modifying the 3 orc missions in the demo campaign, the ones where they're on the island. I get my models in, my characters placed, and triggers made. But when I go to test the map, it's messed up. Some of the characters aren't there, there's no sound from the voices and the cinematic goes by instantly. Is there anybody that's had this problem with the demo missions?

Level 9
To test campaigns, you have to start Warcraft III, go the custom campaigns folder and then test it. Like Rex said.

It doesn't work if you use the test function from the world editor.

But how are the demo maps any different than the regular campaign maps? I'm able to test the other campaigns map by map, just not the demo one with the voices.

Level 25
But how are the demo maps any different than the regular campaign maps? I'm able to test the other campaigns map by map, just not the demo one with the voices.
Because the normal campaign maps does not have imported models and sounds, because they use the content already in the game.

The demo campaign however uses imported sounds and custom objects, which will not show up if you use the test function.

Level 9
Because the normal campaign maps does not have imported models and sounds, because they use the content already in the game.

The demo campaign however uses imported sounds and custom objects, which will not show up if you use the test function.

Huh, interesting. I'll try that. So I just put it into the campaign editor and play it normally like any other campaign?

Level 25
"Some of the characters aren't there, there's no sound from the voices and the cinematic goes by instantly. Is there anybody that's had this problem with the demo missions?"
Make sure that the sounds have the 3D sound tag disabled.

And if you're basing you're campaign out of the demoCampaign, have you imported any models, sounds, etc? Do these work in the World Editor?

And lastly:
"It didn't work", what did not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.