• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defragment problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
So at first, my laptop worked normal until I edit a video and make it as 1gb mkv. It takes long time to play it till it not responding.
So i force shutdown, and defrag the folder i placed the video. So then i can olay the video without problem. But, when i tried to open another folder, it cause not responding to all process. So i run check disk and defrag all of my disk.
After 9 hours waiting, i thought my laptop had been fixed, but its not. Still have the same problem even worse. In safe mode, its run normally. I tried to disable all service and startup, and its run normally too. So i can conclude that
1. Its because the defrag, or
2. Its because one of windows service
3. Its because my old laptop
Help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (lol)

Edit: also, idk why but after that, windows media player is not working :(

Level 15
Its windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
Well, the problem already gone on the next day. I dont know why. Maybe its only temporary problem after defraging?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If anything crashed on it (especially the OS) then the OS undergoes a massive recovery period where it checks "stuff". This can last anywhere from 5-10 minutes to several hours before the checks are complete after which performance returns to normal. This is most usually the case if you force shutdown the computer (such as using the power button).

Status
Not open for further replies.