• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defender Vs Monster v1.2b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my 2nd 'successfully finished' map. So, i hope i could receive some comments about the map. Well... fire, bugs, suggestions, anythin would do =D

Basically, this is some sort like Vampirism, Farmers vs Hunter, Tree Tag or any other Sheep Tag.

Objective for Defenders :
- Find your own spot, hide and build stuffs
- Make a perfect base and defend yourself from monsters
- Survive until the time expires

Objective for Monsters :
- Find the Defenders and kill them
- Get gold buy weapons n etc..
- Kill all the defenders before the time expires

Features :
- Each and every player has their own special abilities to run/kill and own speciality buildings
- A moderate variety of items sold
- Has a few secret items that can only be obtained by combining items
- A huge place to hide for defenders
- A special defenders (Blue) that could stand alone against the monsters on late game
- Defenders can betrays their team whenever they are dead and trap in a 'spirit cage'

v1.2a
- Removed 'betrayal' system. It caused a big mess in my map o.o
- Change the stun of Overlord to 5 sec as mentioned by Reason 3
- Removed 'default String' upgrade
- More to come next =)

v1.2b
- Added a new Ultimate tower for each type of Defenders
- When defenders dead, monsters will get tomes
- Monster's hp and amor becomes higher
- Enlarges the map size and added a new secret location

Enjoy =D

Keywords:
Element, Tag, defender, monster, defender vs monster
Contents

Defender Vs Monster v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
10:49, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

M

10:49, 16th Dec 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Level 2
a minor bug

I found a minor bug. When the defenders betray, the resources they get are the same b4 they betray. However, they still cant buy any items using any lumbers as they will automatically dropped when they bought that.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A unique tag style game, featuring many different Defenders and Monsters with different abilties.

[+]Your map file size is small, that's good when you host this map on Bnet.
[+]Your map was protected in a weird way i could say, nevertheless i looked over your code and didn't see any major leaks.I also didn't experience any crashes or lag.
[+]Your idea was original, making a tag like this that each players has different skills.
[+]Your description is fine, and before game starts you explain new players about all the Defenders and Monsters availabe.However, i think you should let them more time to run when map begins, those Monsters spawned really fast.
[-]Map was unbalanced, i killed the fire Defender and i was stunned for more than 1 minute!I also think killing Satyr is way too hard.
[-]You need to be more creative and think of new items cause right now those were really boring.
[-]Add a few custom spells, at least for Monsters they have the usual abilties which makes players get bored of them.
[-]Your terrain isn't really good, i hope that you can improve it in the upcoming versions.
[-]You can also improve your game's interface by removing this "No Upkeep" thing with your name or something else.Also i noticed that hero decay time was huge, lower it.

Overall rating:2/5
A nice map, rather exciting cause of the endless Defender possibilities it provides.For the upcoming versions, i would advise you to remake the terrain if possible, and balance your map.
~ r3

Level 2
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A unique tag style game, featuring many different Defenders and Monsters with different abilties.

[+]Your map file size is small, that's good when you host this map on Bnet.
[+]Your map was protected in a weird way i could say, nevertheless i looked over your code and didn't see any major leaks.I also didn't experience any crashes or lag.
[+]Your idea was original, making a tag like this that each players has different skills.
[+]Your description is fine, and before game starts you explain new players about all the Defenders and Monsters availabe.However, i think you should let them more time to run when map begins, those Monsters spawned really fast.
[-]Map was unbalanced, i killed the fire Defender and i was stunned for more than 1 minute!I also think killing Satyr is way too hard.
[-]You need to be more creative and think of new items cause right now those were really boring.
[-]Add a few custom spells, at least for Monsters they have the usual abilties which makes players get bored of them.
[-]Your terrain isn't really good, i hope that you can improve it in the upcoming versions.
[-]You can also improve your game's interface by removing this "No Upkeep" thing with your name or something else.Also i noticed that hero decay time was huge, lower it.

Overall rating:2/5
A nice map, rather exciting cause of the endless Defender possibilities it provides.For the upcoming versions, i would advise you to remake the terrain if possible, and balance your map.
~ r3

Thx for da comments & suggestions.. ok i will get the terrain fix soon =)

talking about the satyr, it is too imba. i couldnt lay my hands on it. i tot i could kill it when my items are very good but when i went there, it killed me in 2~3 hits.

wow... how could it possibly kill you in 2-3 hits? o.o Satyr can be pawn easily when you get crystal ball/gem/sentry wards/Lion's necklace/Potion of omninense

Level 2
satyr is invis, when i was monster, its hp went up to 10k =.= of course i died easily. btw, the 1st hero cannot build ultimate tower bc (default string) is needed.

10k hp? Mayb some kind of a bug? o.o Bcoz i had seen ppl used satyr countless of times and their hp normally reach around 100-200 only. I set the base hp of Satyr is 100. But it is possible to upgrade his hp to around 300+

the default string had been removed in the new version. So its back to normal. =)