1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Death Road 1.2

Submitted by lonepair
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Death Road
Created by lonepair

Map Info:

Bandits launch surprise attacks from the bushes at any time, and few travelers survived their ambush. Restless spirits still wander in this dangerous land, echoing their mourn.

Neutral Buildings:

Goblin Merchant - [2]
Tavern - [1]
Expansion Gold Mine - [4]
Mercenary Camp(Cityscape) - [2]
Fountain of Power - [2]
Way Gate - [2]

Notes:

In this 2 player map I recreated the bushes as in StarcraftII or League of Legends. A unit in the bush can see the outside, but a unit outside the bush cannot see what is inside. Hope you enjoy this new element!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Contents

Death Road 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [IMG] Date: 2012/Apr/07 03:18:49 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor,...
  1. Vengeancekael - [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/Apr/07 03:18:49

Reasons:

Other:
    Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
    Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
    Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Perfect terrain, it looks magnificent, as always :p
    Everything's symmetric, no problems there.
    Multiple item tables!
    Meets the melee requirements. (Lots of green creeps near starting area, shops, even way gates!)
    Your idea of adding the ambush feature is fabulous, it makes your melee map stand out and more special and it extremely fits in this case.
    I have no complaints, this is perfect.

Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended - Approved.
    Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

2. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect terrain, it looks magnificent, as always :p
    Everything's symmetric, no problems there.
    Multiple item tables!
    Meets the melee requirements. (Lots of green creeps near starting area, shops, even way gates!)
    Your idea of adding the ambush feature is fabulous, it makes your melee map stand out and more special and it extremely fits in this case.
    I have no complaints, this is perfect.

Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended - Approved.

3. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll try it out in a bit.
    Oh and from the screenshots I'm looking forward to playing it and I'll make sure to leave a comment about it and a review.

4. TheDownloader

TheDownloader

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should put a picture to this map so

the viewer will be entertain to try it and download it :ogre_icwydt::spell_breaker::infl_thumbs_up:

5. Foronisus

Foronisus

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice... im going to try it ;)

6. RouGe_WiZaRD

RouGe_WiZaRD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well its about time that someone uploaded a melee map with an ambush feature...

7. lonepair

lonepair

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems I wrote the patch number wrong. Already fixed.

8. Kercyn

Kercyn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lost because I was busy admiring the map and I never paid attention to my enemy... :vw_unimpressed:

9. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice!
    How did you change the wheat that units cant look through?

10. lonepair

lonepair

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is a ramp under each piece of wheat. Open the map and press GGG you can see.

11. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    you are a genius!

12. hellscreamer123

hellscreamer123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never actually thought that I will love warcraft games again you just changed my mind especially the ambush feature from LoL I never thought that that may happen in warcraft but it did so thanks for making a very very very cool map

13. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great terrain and pathing! Well done.

14. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what is the ambush feature? is it that bushes make things invisible behind them & blocks sight? or do bandits actually charge base? LOL