• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Animation For a Tree Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Can anybody make death animation for this?
ElveswoodDP2
I can't find any tree that seems like this and it fits on the theme of my map but the only problem is it doesn't have death animation and I'll use this tree as a destructible.

I'll be crediting both the original model maker and the one who responds to this. :)
Thanks for taking time to read this.

Level 14
Can anybody make death animation for this?
ElveswoodDP2
I can't find any tree that seems like this and it fits on the theme of my map but the only problem is it doesn't have death animation and I'll use this tree as a destructible.

I'll be crediting both the original model maker and the one who responds to this. :)
Thanks for taking time to read this.
Would a death animation that doesn't leave the tree's stump do?
I have made the model use the standard tree animations so now it also has a Stand hit and Eat Tree animations, along with the former ones.
In addition, I fixed the model's normals

Attachments

• ElveswoodTree.mdx
    8.9 KB · Views: 28
Level 4
Wow thank you! Your fixes sure did helped a lot!! :D +reps
However, would you mind if I ask for the stump too? It's kind of an indicator for the players of where the trees would grow back, because the map has a trigger for regrowing destroyed trees.

Level 14
However, would you mind if I ask for the stump too? It's kind of an indicator for the players of where the trees would grow back, because the map has a trigger for regrowing destroyed trees.
Not sure If it would be easy to do that with the current tree's texture
I'd probably take a stump from one of the default trees that has a kinda similar texture

Level 14
Hi sir SonsOfSami! I just realized that Ashenvale Canopy Tree (Dead) model might do the trick for the stump or the decay animation or dead version of the elveswood model. :)
Problem is, Ashenvale tree's leaves don't fit with the Elveswood one
I thought of using the elveswood texture for the stump and the ashenvale texture for the top part where it is chopped, but there won't be leaves
Would that do?
Edit: Added tree with stump
I know it looks simple, but thats all i can do at the moment

Attachments

• ElveswoodTree.mdx
    10.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Level 4
Problem is, Ashenvale tree's leaves don't fit with the Elveswood one
I thought of using the elveswood texture for the stump and the ashenvale texture for the top part where it is chopped, but there won't be leaves
Would that do?
Edit: Added tree with stump
I know it looks simple, but thats all i can do at the moment

This is exactly what I need sir!! It's more than enough! :D It doesn't need to have leaves. Thank you very much sir SonsOfSami!! Now it will function the way I want it to in my map. Thank you!! +reps

Status
Not open for further replies.