• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dead Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Dead Rising

Blizard Of Oz, WC Username Blizard_Of_Oz

REALLY?-
Oh yes, It's coming to WC, and it will be multiplayer.

So what is the map going to look like?-
Well it will replacate the mall in Dead Rising, and will have no affiliation with Dead Rising 2. The terrain is mostly done boys and ghouls. Screenshots will be added in the next few days. There is however one incy tincy tiny problem, there will be no parking garage! It would mass to many units in a single spot, be a deathtrap entirelly, and would slow down the game alot. Plus I'd have to put more effort into making it due to the fact that map space is limited as it is.

What Areas of the Mall will I be able to access?-
North Plaza, Paradise Plaza, Food Court, Leisure Park, Wonderland Plaza, The Movie Theater, Entrance Plaza, Pretty much the works. Except of course the Parking Garage.

Will all the stores be the same as in the game?-
Hell to the no, all food court areas will remain the same, and some major stores will be the same. For example, The toy store with glass panning around it, and the hunting lodge. But some will be different.

How Many stores can we expect?-
Dude's its a mall, and its a big map, does alot count as answer? I hope so cause I don't want to have to go around my whole map counting stores :p

Will the story be the same?-
Just about, there is of course, a difference. It will still have been started by the government. However! Instead of it being the result of genetic tamperment for meat production, it will be caused upon distribution of swine flu vaccines. Where an emergency center has been set into the mall to get the vaccines. They were never really gonna save you after all, how sad...

How Many Players in a Single Game?-
As of now, the maximum number of players per game is at six. Possibly adding more later on.

How many different weapons can we expect?-
There will be many factors into really telling how many. I would have to require models for the items and so on. At this point, I will say that the plan is to keep items diversified as in they are not all guns, hell, not even close. I'd like to see a custom attack system, but at this point I can't be sure because that is what it would be I'd require someone with the necissary skills. Basically the custom attack system would make you have to attack with right click, and movement would be done with the arrow keys. Attacking cannot be spammed.

Will the Camera Be Fixed?-
With the custom attack system, it has to be fixed, but there will be two different fixed positions for you to choose. One will be behind the player in a third person view. The second will just be a regular camera where it is in the air above the character.

Will This Map also contain the second story areas of the map?-
Yep, for instance in the Entrance Plaza you can go upstairs, as well as still look downstairs, only problem is you will not be able to see characters that are actually below, or zombies actual positions.

Can I help?/Do you need any?-
I'm only a terrainer boys and ghouls, I need a team :) Your help would be much appreciated, and of course you have a place in the credits.
Here's who I'm looking for:
Modeler
Skinner
Trigger Configurater (Or whatever the hell you would call the person :p)
Spell Maker

Terrain-80%
Models-0%
Units-0%
Concept-95%
Spells-0%

SCREENSHOTS FINALLY ADDED!

deadrising1.jpg

deadrising2.jpg

deadrising3.jpg

deadrising4.jpg

Let me know if you would like to join the team.

Last edited:
Level 8
Intriguing.... I might have to see how this plays out. I didn't enjoy the game but in WC3 it could be pretty fun to see everything used as a weapon.

Level 3
write me back if you need help!!!! But it would be really better if you can me the map or some screenshots.If you dont want to give your map other players because the map isnt protected then i can protect the map for you

Level 8
To be honest, I think not only myself but everyone else was sort of expecting a pretty big number of custom models thrown into the terrain.

Oh well, looks pretty nice.

Level 4
To be honest, I think not only myself but everyone else was sort of expecting a pretty big number of custom models thrown into the terrain.

Oh well, looks pretty nice.

Yeah, I need models. Im no modeler

@supertoinkz
There's really not a whole lot in the map yet, no buildings or weapons/items or anything. It is just the base terrain, walls and such.

Level 2
My advice to you is to use all original models. If you're going to use Warcraft 3 default models for terrain, you're destined to fail. This wouldn't feel like Dead Rising if you kept it the way it looks in the screen shots. Also, make sure you have new player models as well. I'd hate to fight the Undead skeletons and be using some knight character.... that'd be pointless.

You also should think about using the WSAD keys for movement. Clicking is just a pain, and for this sort of game.... zombies will pwn you easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.