• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DDay of Judgement by Neca ^^

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map was made by me. It's my first map so I'd like you to say you honestly opinon of this map what are the props and corns. I'll try to make it right in next edition it's not quite finished but it was only one person underneth this map so I couldn't do it perfect but everytime I get in the map I'll change some stuff. Thanks

The most stuff are downloaded from this site and the some of spells are copied (on some way). Almost every carakter are downloaded from this site and buff,effect and so on.

I houp you'll say every lack of this map... This map is awsome for multiplayer I try it with my friends and they say it awsome...So I decidet to put it on internet...

Thanks in undvance

Keywords:
DDay Judgement
New Spells
New characters
Swamp
Ice,Frost,Fire,Lighting,Energy,Time spells...
Map, Area, power, Dota
Contents

DDay of Judgement by Neca ^^ (Map)

Reviews
16:50, 29th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 16
You might want to change the author name. There is a few grammar mistakes in your description as well. Here's a list of BB Codes to help you improve your description by adding colour, using tables, using hidden tags, adding screenshots, etc. The terrain seems very poorly made for even an AoS judging from the preview image.

Level 6
OK man I played your map for quite times and here is my review, I'll list it in categories, say what's good and bad and than review it all in all:

General Idea: (1/5)
Good :thumbs_up:
:fp: The good thing is that you tried to make a map of any kind in any way, just by doing so you raised your skill as map maker.
Bad :thumbs_down:
:fp: AoS map is the general widely used idea.
:fp: Also the name of the map could've be more inovative cuz map named DDay-of Judgment already exists.
:fp: Adding Loading Screen of some kind even if its done in Paint is a +.

Terrain: (2/5)
Good: :thumbs_up:
/
Bad: :thumbs_down:
:fp: U should've made some custom terrain, adding banners, and such doodads makes it more interesting.
:fp: This is the standard AoS looking terrain.

Gameplay: (2/5)
:fp: Its the AoS gameplay, I like it.
Bad:
:fp: U could've make something inovative to spice up the battle between the time, I don't know think of something. XD
:fp: Low number of players, whats with the thingie with 3 players one each side??
:fp: Adding just standard W3 artifacts makes the game unfun, try to create your own artifacts.

Heroes: (2/5)
:fp: U've used alot of imported models, making the game more interesting in that way.
Bad :thumbs_down:
:fp: All Heroes have standard W3 spells, some of them have just edited into new.
:fp: Don't know if you've noticed for the Skeleton Hero u use his skin as icon, what for??
:fp: Also when creating Hero spells from units (exampl, Skeleton has Defend), add all the text it need, Learn text, Descrption and all dont just copy-paste ability and add it to the Hero.
:fp: Fix your English as much as you can and stick to the one type of Gramar, (exampl. Warcraft uses the capital letter gramar to make the names more cooler, like "Learn Soul Burn", the Dwarf Priest of your has "learn blesing", it really looks ugly when u look up his other spell.)
:fp: ADD the tooltips to abilites so the people can know what the abilities do!
:fp: Also standardize your names. I mean Heroine Night Elf Runner is her name, OK with that, but her class is "one of the best hero in shadow moving" WTF that's totaly confusing??? :eekani:

Spells/Triggers: (1/5)
/
Bad: :thumbs_down:
:fp: Generaly taking the base abilites and making them customized with changed tooltips icons and models can make them look like new abilities, sadly you dont know how to do this yet. :(
:fp: I haven't seen triggered abilites I've played with 8-9 Heroes.
:fp: Sry to say this but making the Multiboard is one of the signs that you are a pro map maker, due to its complexness, just adding the Leadboard is no fun, people like when they can se more stats about what they've done during the game.

TOTAL SCORE 8/25

My Review:

It is obvious that this is your FIRST MAP, there are plenty of maps like this just edited, but that's the natural course of learning becoming the map maker, you first edit other maps, learn from them, then try to make your own, and finaly make your own map. Alot of things are missing in map as you can see, if you continue with this map my suggestion is to fix them all.

All in all welcome to the map making world, you have to learn so much from now if you want to become a powerful map maker.

My advice: Play other maps, watch the triggers, you have the internet read the tutorials try to acquire as much knowledge as you can before starting a project. In my days I've had no internet and learned, I know no of the Hive and other sites, and learned all the thing by myself pretty much, so if I could've do it YOU CAN TOO!!! :thumbs_up:

I won't vote cuz my voice is not for approval but it is not for the disapproval too.

Also +REP from me to you since this is your first project and you've had enough courage to bring it before the strict judgment of the Hive map makers, hahahaha. :thumbs_up:

:thumbs_up: Keep it goin man!!! :goblin_good_job:

Level 2
jeah you're right about most of things but I dissagered about heroes... I don't know which you tried which not but I think that heroes shuld get better grade....Like I said the map is not quite finished so I published it to see the judges grades and opinios so I could change it!!!!
Thenk you very much you've been a lot of help I'll inprove that what you mentioned.... You'll see next version much inproved and with diferent name I'll keep you posted !!! :vw_unimpressed:

Level 28
The terrain is too flat, mainly the generic tileset orders have been used (white marble + grass + dirt, blight on the other side) in a very clear pattern (thus unnatural).
You should remove all cinematic doodads (lightning, fire, the glowy area).
You should definitely remove the top "made by Neca".
You should add more environmental doodads.

The triggers are... weird, it's very clear that you didn't create them all (you already kinda told us in your description).
I mean, look at the difference between:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 150.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 150.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 250.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 150.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 350.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 250.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 350.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 350.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 450.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 450.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 550.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 550.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
Which contains 30 leaks ( 3 per action: 1 effect, 2 points, looped 10 times).

And this:

• PR End
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to PR_Caster
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer PR_LoopInteger) from 1 to PR_CastCount, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Triggering unit) Equal to PR_UnitTimer[PR_LoopInteger]
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove PR_UnitTimer[PR_LoopInteger] from the game
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in PR_UnitGroup[PR_LoopInteger] and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of PR_Caster[PR_LoopInteger])) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 PR_Effect for (Owner of PR_Caster[PR_LoopInteger]) at PR_Location[PR_LoopInteger] facing 270.00 degrees
                      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
                  • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from PR_UnitGroup[PR_LoopInteger]
              • Unit Group - Add all units of PR_UnitGroup[PR_CastCount] to PR_UnitGroup[PR_LoopInteger]
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from PR_UnitGroup[PR_CastCount]
              • Set PR_Location[PR_LoopInteger] = (Point((X of PR_Location[PR_CastCount]), (Y of PR_Location[PR_CastCount])))
              • Set PR_Caster[PR_LoopInteger] = PR_Caster[PR_CastCount]
              • Set PR_UnitTimer[PR_LoopInteger] = PR_UnitTimer[PR_CastCount]
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_PR_UnitGroup[udg_PR_CastCount])
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PR_Location[udg_PR_CastCount])
              • Set PR_CastCount = (PR_CastCount - 1)
              • If (PR_CastCount Equal to 0) then do (Trigger - Turn off PR Loop <gen>) else do (Do nothing)
            • Else - Actions

You've also done a lot of copy/pasting (copy/pasting triggers is nearly always bad, since if you can copy/paste it, you can probably combine them to make it shorter and more efficient).

You've imported a lot of 'useless' models (in your map they're useless).
You shouldn't import stuff because you think it looks cool, you should import them because you need it in your map.

Common bugs like laziness are perhaps TOO common in your map:
"Teleports the warden [...]" - how difficult is it to change that name?
Hotkeys don't work.
Some icons don't work.
Items are nearly all standard (not even the recharge time has been modified).
Killstealing is really easy in your map.

Level 10
Yeah esp true as what Darkwing had said. He had define excatly what I wanna comment. You have got pretty much to learn. Put on more effort and you'll be good.

Likewise I have learned everything without the internet too during my time. *Well Malaysia's pretty sux in ISP.* =( Just keep doing some experiments on triggers and you'll learn. =)