• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[AI] Daytime importance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have here (common.ai) something like:
Code:
set can_siege = has_siege and (air_units or (daytime>=4 and daytime<=12))
Why is daytime important when attacking? I never tought about daytime when I played. Is there anyone who can give a reason why blizz considers this?
And if yes why from 4 to 12, I dont get it.

Level 2
Because some Races have Advantages, and some don't.

example. Night Elves Moon wells only regain Mana at night, and Night Elf units can only regain health and mana at night.

and the 4 to 12 this is when you want it to attack, if you want it to only attack during day it would be from 1 to 12, and for night 12 to 24 <military Time)

I hope i was of help to you.

Level 2
I know what the code does, I dont know the reason why this was set. And this code applies to all races! So if the AI reaches an enemy base within 2 minutes, that means it will only attack during the day - even Nigh Elves! So there must be some race independent reason for this.

ps: I still dont know why the undead have no advantages during the night, they are not very sun-loving guys :)

Level 2
lol
ps: I still dont know why the undead have no advantages during the night, they are not very sun-loving guys

i sooo agree. they seem like the anti-sun ppl. not the night elves...

well i cant help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.