1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dawn of War II MP. Beta released!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by I)eadnerzhul, Feb 6, 2009.

1. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, I think my COMPUTER is superior because it is better.

I don't recall you saying that. Maybe I didn't pay attention well enough.

2. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol well that remark you made earlier about reading minimum specs makes you sound arrogant. Maybe it's just me @_@ but paychecks don't allow much computer spending for me. Here's what I heard. "Maybe if you had a better job you could buy a better computer"

The only thing I'm actually lacking in though is dual processors. Radeon R600, HD 2600 (512 ram) That should cut it for graphics right? BTW b4 u say buying a radeon was a bad move, it was only $50 lol

3. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    As RAM gets older, it gets more expensive. In not too long, DDR3 will probably be cheaper than DDR2.

My friend has DoW2 and as soon as I get my computer up and running, I'll be getting it.
    He's got a sick win ratio, and is Rank 11 now. He's been playing a little too much. Can't wait to team with him. :p

I've only played one skirmish as Tyranid, and it was pretty fun.

4. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I stick to the iconic figures of Warhammer 40,000: the Space Marines. Specifically the Ultramarines, because the first Warhammer 40k set I bought was Battle for Macragge, which starred the Ultramarines in their battle against the vicious xenos (Tyranids).

5. Blackscar

Blackscar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question: I'm having difficulties starting it up somtimes , it laggs like hell during the intro(!) and wierd thing is some times it works like a charm next day or even few hours later it lags like again.. its not that i dont have the requirements because i got more the enough. Anyone know why?

6. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only real problem with the game is that certain races are better early and some late. Space Marines are far too strong late game and 3v3. Tyranids are far too strong 1v1 or early game. Eldar and Orks sit somewhere in between even though Eldar usually win SUPER late game (Avatar).

Mostly though, it's very well balanced. I can't believe they don't have genestealers, Land speeders, or Warbikes/Jetbikes @_@

7. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    You gotta remember that it's how you USE the units of your race. Countering units with other units is a good idea, yes, but you can very well take down melee units with ranged units, if you set them up properly.

8. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd agree. I found tyranids difficult to play in 3v3 matches, but I did pretty well in 1v1.

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fuck ultramarines, go black templar. i dont think they included landspeeders or those fast attack is since this is more infantry tactical warfare, with a couple vehicles mixed in as support. and anyways, i dont think anyone really uses land speeders in dow.

10. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ultramarines OWN the heretic Black Templar AND the Tyranids at the same time. WHAT NOW, SON? WHAT NOOOOW?![/OFFTOPIC]

11. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    How are the Black Templar heretics? o_O

Lorewise they are more zealous and fanatical and dedicated to the Emperor than the Ultrasmurfs are.

12. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Debate about the lore?
    [​IMG]
    New troll here.

On topic i've finished the campaign and the last mission is awesome.
    Now I'm on multi and i found the game fuckin' hard.
    I hate when you spent so much ressources on big vehicule and getting pwnt in 2 sec by anti vehicule infantry.This is so much rock pepper scisor.
    And I dislike the fact that 1st tier unit become obselete so fast.
    Basically you use them just to capture few strategic point early then tech mass vehicules.
    Oh and I figured out what make the game laggy, It's their particle emmitter.I don't know how they made them but slow down the game as hell.

13. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was kidding. God, you people are easy to fool!

14. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    First you say you hate how anti-vehicle is too good, and then complain that all you get late game is vehicles? I don't get it.

I'm not sure if you're playing computers or what, but online most games end before many vehicles get out. If they do, there are plenty of infantry or heavy infantry that can take them down.

15. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm having real troubles with Plasma Cannons and Scout Squads with Tyranids. Knockback owns my Lictor who I usually use to shred up Plasma Cannons. Also, the Scouts can spot my Lictor @_@ Ravener seems to be the only counter to Plasmas + Scouts and I hate him.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, those damn shotguns own Tyranids. What about using warriors with the bio gun thingy? That would probably take them down pretty decent.

17. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Venom Cannon > all

18. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could take down a hero unit in a one-on-one with my Scouts /w combat shotguns, pretty fun to watch a hero get knock-backed every second by a bunch of scouts!

19. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm rank 9 and It says I gained upgraded armor stuffs for squads while reaching a certain rank.
    I wonder if it affect the game and actualy make your unit stronger?

20. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    It might... not too sure on that one.