• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DataBase error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, I haven't had it in a while so I was going off of memory. I HAVE firefox, I switch between IE 6 (7 is for noobs) and FF. But since the vast majority of people still use IE, you should make the website accomodate the majority of users, not just those who are smart enough to be using FF.

Level 32
Server Errors

The new server is rather unstable from time to time and the recent move created a lot of complications.

The errors occur in all browsers and are not the end-user's fault.

The Chieftain is presently brainstorming solutions and applying them to the problems. I suppose that we must all just try to to exercise some patience while he troubleshoots things and smooths out all the wrinkles.

Level 19
Arf, I had the same Database error.

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.hiveworkshop.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.hiveworkshop.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

~This might provide more information. Good luck with it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
By the sounds of it it could be caused by.
1. The server being used has a defective ram, causing every once in a while a wrong value return, thus returning a page which makes no sense.
2. The server is overloaded and it sends that message if currently there is no available bandwidth.
3. The way the database is searched has a capacity and causes an error if to many people are using it (browsing the fourms) at one point at time.

Level 15
4. The number of available MySQL connections was limited, and Ralle has recently increased the limit to help keep the error from occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.