• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Data] Changing AoE Range via Buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to make a buff which will stack on my unit the more it attacks, which is easy enough. The trouble is, I want the buff to slowly increase my units AoE, I cant seem to figure it out...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Shouldn't be too difficult, just some work required. You'll need to make multiple effects, each a copy of the original damage effect used by the units weapon, but for each one you have to change its scan filters radius (this controls the AoE of the weapon) and make them increasingly bigger for each effect, depending on the intervals you want it to change at. Then create validators to check the # of behaviors that the source unit has of the type that increases its AoE. Add each validator to the appropriate damage effect you created. Finally create a Set effect and add all of your damage effects to it, then set your Weapon to reference the set effect. This should allow your unit to only use the appropriate damage effect depending on the number of buffs it has.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would advise abusing inheritance feature of SC2E for this. That way common fields between the effects would not need to be store for each effect object you make butn for only the initial effect object that all others are derived from. This optimizes filesize and map loading as there is less data to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.