1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Darkness Returns

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Daffa, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For now the fix for the bug Leo reported and working on the next chapter. I'll have them ready by November end, if there's no significant progress of the chapter next week, I'll upload the fix by around early November.

2. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since I am highly doubt the two chapters accomplished by November's end, I decided to upload a hotfix for New Coalition chapter.

Attached Files:

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The campaign is now on temporal hold to make major rewrites for all tech-trees. The three different coalitions will not be so similar by next update (though I won't guarantee new chapters in exchange on the next release). I will also change some details of the main factions when the time comes.

4. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you would be much more helpful with some addition of reasons and recommendations, it would be much more useful for me to make this better.

6. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    :)

7. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why... just... why? xD
    Don't be such a hater plz

Can you at least tell us why does the campaign suck? Can you tell us what would you like to add to the campaign?

8. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Chapter Two of Grand Coalition is now on progress along with Revolutionaries tech tree (they make first appearance in second Revolutionary Coalition chapter). New Coalition won't have a big tech tree for now because they practically part of Grand Coalition, but considered traitors for their rebellion.

9. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There have been a change of pace, the story has been altered in term of chapter three will now become part of Act II of Darkness Returns (aka Darkness Returns II).

10. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm a sequel? Cool

11. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol Hive Empire

So, will we see Daffa the Mage, Deroc the Second Cakemaster, Leo Akastenix, etc. as heroes of this Hive Empire???

12. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, you can see that is right or wrong when the final chapter of this part is released to public :)

13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Back on track. Some changes is planned for Chapter 1 lore.

14. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I tried my hand with this one. I fought with every chapter. While the story might be interesting, mostly because it makes me think of Warhammer :), I find that there are a few problems. In the very first mission "Final Training" I think the right side is easier than the left one, or maybe the computer is better than me(probably). The second mission was quite fun. The 3rd one is nice, but the Night Elf archers seem a little out of place, like the only night elf archer upgrades. In the next one, I really wanted to get mad because of the lack of Siege units, but I was too dumb to find them until almost the end of the game. In the final one, I have to admit that I could bare the torment of having so few units so I speed things up. Overall it was a decent experience, it wasn't the best, but it had it's good parts.

Also, if I might suggest, all those human factions are pretty much the same. The fact that they are have Coalition in their names dosen't make it any better. Maybe a name change could work?

15. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @WarcraftLiterature Thank you a lot for all the awesome feedback! I truly am grateful. Have a cake reward :)

Anyway, for the answers :
    1. Final Training is by far the oldest mission and one I test the least. I will keep note of this for future updates.
    2. Thanks :)
    3. Yeah, with High Elven at your disposal, it kind of make little sense for the archer quest. I will have a fix to that in line.
    4. Both forces can build Workshop. Also, make sure to keep in mind that the blood mage's forces has master training for all his spellcasters. To be honest, the siege was not present in a closed test patch, and that chapter was hellish.
    5. I am aware of that. You can abuse the bridge to deal with assaults and then counter. Remember, enemy don't rebuild towers so use your ranged hero's first skill to destroy them.

I have addressed this issue and currently starting to patch them. Modifying earlier chapter will cause a lot of inconsistencies to occur by accident, so these changes will most likely reflect to second mission onward. Slowly more existent as story progresses. I will try to have something that helps player to acknowledge which coalition they are playing at that moment.

16. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Progess still going, i see.

17. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Indeed. For closed tests and yet to be public information, you can get them in the Discord channel.

18. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There will be a video of Chapter One with renewed tech tree, mostly seen in Revolutionaries chapter.

19. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Manage to wrap the next version up. I haven't finished for the whole tech tree but for now it will do.
    New Coalition will stick with what it have for now.

I will have the next upload tomorrow or so. Can't just keep this not updated forever.
    There won't be new chapters, just changes to old chapters (mostly Revolutionaries) and the ability to skip dialogues.

EDIT :
    Ugh, I hate typo.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  20. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    What changes? Balance changes? Techtree changes? Minor adjustments?

Yey