• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short story that takes place before Final Training (Grand Coalition 00)

"Listen here you young fools! Soon, if you pass, you shall become one of the grand coalition field commanders who will be authorized to lead armies against our enemies. However, I will warn you today, that this path you strife soon will be a path of death and blood. No matter how hard you tried to save people, they die. No matter how hard you negotiate, they fight. No matter how hard you try to bring peace, they war. In this war of coalitions, there is only blood ready for spilling, and soldiers you command will be spilled as part of the war. This is the law we live in, and nothing you can do once you finally decided to be a commander."

"So, I will give one chance, if you wish to avoid the bloody world you will be indulged, this is your last chance to withdraw. NO COWARD ALLOWED AS COMMANDERS!" The man in armor brought a close to his speech as more than half of the soon to be commander stepped back in fear. He then observed the field, looking at the remaining commanders.

"So, the ones who stood before me, are ready?" he asked calmly, but his word laced with despair. The soon to be commanders looked away, evading unease he gave out.
"Alright... commanders and instructors, prepare them soon to be commanders for the final training! The rest of them cowards... throw them to dust."

And before the courageous soon to be commanders, they see their fellow men hanged into a cross, and then their bodies encased into stones. Even if they want to help, they know that man in shining armor will cut them down if they try.

"Cowards like them are the reason why Revolutionaries almost wiped Grand out in the past."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.