• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Sorceror

This model features a dark sorceror. It was requested and initially designed by Blood Raven. Blood Raven told me which parts from which model he'd like to have merged together, and i executed his wish. The color-changing staff was my idea. I made the entire model, but i'd rather consider it a team work. If you want to give credits and/or repu for the model, you should give to both of us. Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: fixed the ''problem'' with his right side of the mouth. One vertex had to be assigned to both bones, head and jaw. Also made a Geoset animation for the glow so that it disappears in the dissipate animation. Now it works properly!

EDIT 2: made a fitting icon. Now the sorceror will perform better ingames.

Keywords:
dark wizard, dark sorceror, mage, dark,
Contents

Dark Sorceror (Model)

Dark Sorceror (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Simple and useful model. Works in-game and performs quite well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 16:23, Friday 2nd March 2012
Frankster :
Simple and useful model.
Works in-game and performs quite well.
Approved.

I think its looks amazing! couldn't hurt to experiment with a few different staffs though.
have tried other ones as well. This was my prefered one, as it fits to his eye-glow :wink:

Very cool, 5/5
thx for the feedback ^^ hope you're going to like your requested model equaly much, when it's finished :wink:

This is very cool, but that staff just doesn't fit.

I could make you a staff attachment to replace it with if you like, I haven't actually made a staff before.

Right now it gets a 3/5 because the staff just makes it look so ridiculous, but with a new staff this will definitely get a 4/5 from me, the model itself without the staff is very cool.

This is very cool, but that staff just doesn't fit.

I could make you a staff attachment to replace it with if you like, I haven't actually made a staff before.

Right now it gets a 3/5 because the staff just makes it look so ridiculous, but with a new staff this will definitely get a 4/5 from me, the model itself without the staff is very cool.
i'll make a new one later, if i find time. Besides, this was a contract model, so not 100% my idea :vw_sad:

Level 13
It's a shame that no one ever actually tried the model, since his arm is broken is most of his animations, and it also streches horribly in his dissipate animation. And his eye particles spawn behind his head, not infront of his eyes.

And it would have been wiser to make the staff's head 2D like the Priest's, to optimize it.

It's a shame that no one ever actually tried the model, since his arm is broken is most of his animations, and it also streches horribly in his dissipate animation. And his eye particles spawn behind his head, not infront of his eyes.

And it would have been wiser to make the staff's head 2D like the Priest's, to optimize it.
I made the model when i was quite at the beginning of my modelling career, that's why it isn't as good in quality as my newer ressources. :vw_sad:

Level 13
I made the model when i was quite at the beginning of my modelling career, that's why it isn't as good in quality as my newer ressources. :vw_sad:

I know, but had anyone actually tested the model they could have given you useful advise on how to improve. You work's quality would have gotten better much faster, and I bet your latest work would be better too (not saying it's bad, but it can be better.).

I know, but had anyone actually tested the model they could have given you useful advise on how to improve. You work's quality would have gotten better much faster, and I bet your latest work would be better too (not saying it's bad, but it can be better.).
I know but this model was a request from someone else. He told me which model parts he wanted and which anims, so i didn't have much space to decide or make certain things different. If it would be up to me, i'd have used the necromancer's skeleton & anims. :wink:

Level 11
Nice model and works in game, and he's uniqueness when holding his book in shoulder length 😁.