• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Dark Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Dark Days

Overview

Dark Days is a multiplayer required RPG where one of your fellow villagers has been tainted by an evil soul and now it is up to you to find who it is and kill him.

How to Play (Villagers)

Hide in the forest and build up a base to defend off the Evil player until you are ready to go on the offensive. You will need to find a woman to make your wife in order to reproduce children to use as your labor work or to make into fighters. You are only allowed to get married once in the game, so protect her with your life. There are items which you can equip such as "Knight Suit" or "Priest Suit" that will give you different stats and abilities to fight against the Evil player.

Suits

Suits are items that a villager can use to become a different unit to fight against enemy players.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Knight Suit

-Heavy Knight Suit

-Thief Suit

-Priest Suit

Professions

The main way to make gold in the game is through professions.

-Farming

-Mining

-Fishing (Not added yet)

How to Play (Chosen Evil)

Camouflage yourself among the other village players and grow stronger.

The vampire is the only "evil" playable thus far. The vampire in mind won't start out with any abilities. He becomes stronger by sucking the blood from NPC's or from players which could also give him abilities or level those abilities up. He has the choice to either turn another player villager into a vampire or to kill him which in either way, will grant him different benefits. Avoid transforming into your vampire form during the day to not burn and die from the sunlight. The vampire now has to manage blood in order to stay alive. If the "Blood Amount" reaches zero, the vampire dies. The blood amount also is the percentage chance of gaining or leveling up new abilities when you suck the blood of animals or humans.

Progress

I am trying to go for the bare minimum right now to get the game playable and then add more content through new versions.

The core mechanics of the game are almost all done.

Mechanics completed:

-Picking random player to be the evil one.

-Picking random player to have the mayor key.

-Mining.

-Buildings for base: (Fences, open/close gates, towers, house, upgrade center, farm).

-Getting married.

-Having children.

-Children can turn into workers/fighters.

-Farming Trigger System.

-Clock/Day System.

-Vampire able to gain abilities through sucking blood.

-Camp fire and well can now be built.

-Animals randomly spawn.

Version depicts how far until the game is ready to be played. v0.50 = 50%.

What's Next?

I will be working on mostly terrain, professions, vampire abilities, more animals, and buildings.

Screenshots

I haven't worked on the terrain much, but this will give you an idea of what the game will look.

xaovsw.png

1z5re3p.png

1zbs2gp.png

2uo2e5x.png

More information and screenshots will be added.

Questions are welcome.

Attachments

• Dark Days Protected v0.63.w3x
    584 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 4
Some screenshots would be great, alternatively, describe how far you are with the project.
I've both seen, and been a part of, plenty of projects that ended up dying in the past, so good luck to you.

Yeah, I was eventually going to add screenshots. The terrain and look isn't too impressive right now which is why I didn't put up any but I will put up some anyway to give everyone an idea.

Ah so you can make child. How interesting.
I'm just wondering how will you make a camouflage which can trick the other players?

I meant camouflage as in to try to act normal and blend yourself with the other players. The only thing changed with the villager that is evil is that he has the ability to transform in and out of a vampire form.

Level 4
Won't the other players identify the evil player easily that way? I mean they can easily tell whether one of them is a vampire or not just by looking at the HP bar or hovering their cursor at it.

There will be animal AI's that will be able to hurt you. Also, every player's hover name will be replaced by either () or nothing.

I added a screenshot to show you. I disabled the minimap buttons that reveal the players color on it so if the vampire is on your screen, they will be the same color on the map as like every other player.

I also hidden the inventory so you can't see what the other players have in it.

The vampire when you transform will turn into the color black, I just forgot to trigger that part.

Attachments

• wc3 screenshot 4.png
    wc3 screenshot 4.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 52
Level 4
Alpha version posted. The terrain isn't complete but you can have a look on what is done so far.

I tried editing the layout by the way. I think it still looks pretty crumby.

Edit: New version posted. v0.63.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.