• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Ages of Warcraft V. 2.1

Dark Ages of Warcraft 2.1
The official continuation from Luka_Blight’s old DAoW.

Description:
Dark Ages of Warcraft takes place just after the events of the Frozen Throne. The Horde and their allies of Tauren and Trolls have started to carve out a home for themselves in Kalimdor, putting them in direct conflict with the Night Elves and the human nation of Theramore. In Northrend the Lich King prepares to bring the former nation of Lordaeron under Scourge rule once again. The humans have created the Scarlet Crusade to defend Lordaeron from all the undeads. Under the former capital of Lordaeron, the Forsaken stand ready to not only cleanse Lordaeron from the living, but also bring their revenge upon the Scourge. In the southern Eastern Kingdoms, the human nation of Stormwind and their dwarven friends in Ironforge must gather their armies to meet the new threat from the reopened Dark Portal. Beyond the portal, the Illidari march towards Azeroth, aided by their Blood Elf allies. The Trolls of the Gurubashi and Amani have made a pact, and are vying for dominance of their old empires once again.

How to play:
You control one of the 12 factions mentioned above. Throughout the map control points are scattered, and when you control them you will gain more gold every turn. To gain control of a control point, just attack it. You gather wood with your workers. After this, everything is pretty straight-forward, you train units in buildings and can upgrade them with the resources you collect. You also control a few heroes, most of which are reviveable.
There are many events in DAoW, which can be triggered during the duration of the game. These will be described in game, depending on what faction you play.

Commands:
Camera commands: -mid, -far
Event-based commands will be described in game.

Credits:
Special thanks to Perk[LHoT] and Ghost[LHoT] for suggestions and help when it comes to the map. I’d also like to thank all the members of my clan LHoT for their support and testing.
Thanks to Xelthyr for the Deathguard-model.
I’d also like to thank Luka_Blight and clan TBC for making the original DAoW.

Please visit www.diplomunion.com for more info

Keywords:
Daow,new,2.1,Gen_Barnaky,Luka
Contents

Dark Ages of Warcraft V. 2.1 (Map)

Reviews
11:01, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
There are around 2000 units placed on map at same time, am I right?
I needed more than 60 sec to load map (simple melee map within 6 sec)...

You should use passive icons for passive skills not BTN ones!
Also Races have forces all over map, it's really hard to play this, if you play with night elves, for example, you are alone (some alliances have 3 players) so you control like 3 bases or more and around 50 units from start!

Terrain is well ok, you just can improve it more you use above huge map size already, adding doodads you risk to increase lag!

Errors:
If I scroll camera I won't be able to put it back!

Bad:
You missed to give credits to creators of models and other resources you use, for example that scarlet warrior (use Templar model) and so on!

Is this map really hosted and played on Bnet, Garena... ?

Level 1
Do you plan on expanding into Cataclysm lore? Like, val'kyrs for the forsaken or or replacing the corrupted scarlets with the risen?

Also I want to make a suggestion, change the dwarf musketeer in the Scarlets for a human javelineer/archer or something.

Level 3
Daow is famous strategy map, hosted on Bnet by few bots. You should know about it.
Camera commands: -mid, -far
This is they way how Daow has been created. Gameplaye makes it special and it won't change.
Only one model has been added by me and I don't know rest of model creators, anyway you can find credits in-game description.

Wolfremio90, Put all your ideas/suggestion here -> www.dipolomunion.com

Level 19
Maybe show a quote from Luka to continue, I'm a really close friend of his and well, it'd be bad if there wasn't proof although I know you're not lying.

WTF

WTF

Level 1
the map its great but i think you should change that rifleman of the scarlets for an archer or spearman and you should open the gates to silviermoon when silvanas go to quel thalas to kill aldaron and i dont see alot of changes since the last version its only changed a litle bit the terrain in some parts of the map like Shatrat and miss dont worry i think they put quote of luka giving permision to anyone to continue the map in the first thread

Level 2
i dun feel like any changing in the map apart from the old version,beside some little part u edit.
if u can add more stuff into it,e.g storyline , model , n other stuff...

Level 3
In the description of Eye of Sargeras,it is said that c'thun,ghost of Guldan and Ragnaros have shards but Ragnaros have weapons drop when he is killed unlike guldan and c'thun(they drop eye of sargeras shard thingy)

Level 2
I have a question, it may sound stupid but, how do you play the blood elves from silvermoon ? I know that teal player is kael'thas and blood elves from outland, but in the quest description, there is a part for the elves of silvermoon (redemption, or something like that), and I can't figure out how to play them :S

Level 15
I have a question, it may sound stupid but, how do you play the blood elves from silvermoon ? I know that teal player is kael'thas and blood elves from outland, but in the quest description, there is a part for the elves of silvermoon (redemption, or something like that), and I can't figure out how to play them :S
You cannot play them, because this quest menu is for an older version. Go to Epicwar.com, search Dark Ages of Warcraft 1.8, and in this version you can play the Silvermoon elves.

Level 32
Top 10 most played online for sure. Tied with Azeroth Wars for 7 maybe. Idk.

Terrain: 10/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Balance: 7/10
Environment: 10/10
Presentation: 8/10
Mistakes/Creeps: 8/10

I still gotta give this 5 stars. Lag is a problem. And balance isn't horrible, just many things counter many things way too much. Please note that I am judging this by the newest version that was updated very recently. Lots of changes. Aesthetics look beautiful, game is more balanced, and there is still ofcourse glorious battles!

Last edited:
Level 1
There are around 2000 units placed on map at same time, am I right?
I needed more than 60 sec to load map (simple melee map within 6 sec)...

You should use passive icons for passive skills not BTN ones!
Also Races have forces all over map, it's really hard to play this, if you play with night elves, for example, you are alone (some alliances have 3 players) so you control like 3 bases or more and around 50 units from start!

Terrain is well ok, you just can improve it more you use above huge map size already, adding doodads you risk to increase lag!

Errors:
If I scroll camera I won't be able to put it back!

Bad:
You missed to give credits to creators of models and other resources you use, for example that scarlet warrior (use Templar model) and so on!

Is this map really hosted and played on Bnet, Garena... ?

That's why I hope a single player campaign is made instead