• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Timing Equation, or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making a spell that is based off of Acid Bomb. The problem is that I want to use the Unit-Damage Target function in the triggers for spell damage. I want the missile to hit and then deal damage, timed so that it looks spiffy.

I was thinking about just making it buff detection, but for some reason this doesn't work. I could be doing it wrong though. I used the wait until condition function, then dealt the damage, but it doesn't work. If anyone can give suggestions on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Level 2
Not quite. I want the actual spell to deal no damage. The spell is there for missile art value, the damage is done by triggers. The problem is timing the triggered damage to fire right as the missile hits the target. I was thinking buff detection, but I've tried and somehow managed to fail. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.