• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

damage per sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
can any1 teach me how to do a damage per second spell based on trigger? what i wanna do is like for example i waanna do a bladestorm which does (100 + str of hero) per second for5 seconds. how do i make the targetted unit such that it will do a trigger which is like "for every 1 second set life of target unit to life - strength of hero" or something like that.. can any1 teach me?

Level 3
i have no idea. i dont think theres an event i no of that can be triggored by something like that. but u can do something like power hit ability, which does the same thing only with fireball as base ability with range of 100 and attack animation, and triggor it with strength idea. Its a great idea 2 :)

Level 11
Ok... In order to be able to do that you will need a dummy bladestorm (obviously) with no damage. Now, hopefully you know how to make triggers and so I will pass through very quickly. Once an unit begins casting an ability and ability being cast is equal with whatever you want you should make a for. This for will be from 1 to x, x being the amount of seconds the bladestorm will last. Now, let's see the actions for the for.

Pick up every unit within 300 range of (Casting Unit) matching condition (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) equal to true) and do Set life of (picked unit) to ((Life of Picked Unit)-(100+strength of (Casting Unit)). Big Pick, eh? Now, you wait 1 second and check: If (((Casting Unit) is dead) equal to true) then you Skip remaining actions, else you do nothing. The only way Bladestorm can stop is if the unit is killed. This should work I guess. You can also set the wait to 0.20 seconds and increase the x five times. Hope it helped you...

Level 10
thanx daelin!!!! i was tinking something like that but i couldnt really find it =) couldnt have done it without ya

Status
Not open for further replies.