• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran Brilliance

Hello, this is a model i decided to make when i saw Bogrim's Icon, nothing special, it's just what i needed for my map, i'm not a very good modeler that's why i experimented on it somehow, the base model was InnerFireTarget, the texture was made by myself in PhotoImpact 12, and i guess that's all. Ideas, Opinions, Criticism, i will change it to the best shape.
If you find it usefull somehow, go ahead download it, no credit required, you can edit it also.
Test it ingame, because it looks different from the Mangos's version.

Update from 1.0 to 1.1:
-Changed a bit the purple color theme
-Remade the texture
-Removed the long arrows and replaced with smaller ones.
(If you still prefer version 1.0 P.M me i will pastebin it for you).

Keywords:
Dalaran, Brilliance, Buff, Arcane, Mage, Wow, Purple, CeDiL, Eye.
Contents

Dalaran Brilliance (Model)

Reviews
15:30, 22nd January 2011 General Frank: Very cool effect. Simple and well done. Works in-game. Approved.

M

15:30, 22nd January 2011
General Frank:

Very cool effect. Simple and well done.
Works in-game. Approved.

Level 9
Quite interesting, but i think you should add more detail into it.

yes you are definitely right, i am working on it now i think i will add particle emitters, but i am not sure which ones ...

Edit: Okay, i found what to use and already started testing, coming up soon with v1.2
After over 10 tries to play with Particle Emitters i ended up with 3 new base models
and crappy versions of Dalaran Brilliance, so i guess i will leave it for some time the way it is.

Last edited:
Level 9
i don't wanna be booring but you said "side of the light" and they call themselvs illuminati (enlightened) :vw_unimpressed:

In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne", allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, the Illuminati are believed to be the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of a New World Order. wowwiki.
Iluminism the current itself means the ilumination of the masses, and not turnig them to the light, just making them smarter :p

Level 9
Kirin Tor are basically lawful mages, mages are smart, they used a pimped up version of arcane brilliance which made them even smarter. Icon based off this if you didn't bother searching.