• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dabbor

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.

Title

Dabbor

Author: borissuworov

Title

Description

Features

Screenshots

This is rebalanced version of original Dabbor map by oscoobyo6991 (https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/dabbor.82130/) that I made back in 2019 year in World Editor of Warcraft 3 ROC v1.0 for Demon Craft mod. Map can be played at any version of original WC3 TFT and WC3 Reforged. Original description saved as is. Enjoy.

Description

The abandoned city of Dabbor, left when the Orcish horde were attacking the humans. Civilians of the city were evacuated during the era of the Orc Invasion, when the dark portal was opened. Now it is a battlefield for all races.

Features

8 Green Creep Encampment
4 Orange Creep Encampment
1 Red Creep Encampment
4 Goblin Merchant
1 Fountain of Health
4 Goldmine

Screenshots

222133-081f1e29805443fa5bf50e8d385e0082.jpg

Contents

Dabbor (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello, nice to see another melee map from you. The map indeed looks quite impressive and stylish. From a gameplay point of view, many things are not so nice however: 1. To be balanced, any melee map needs a tavern. 2. I'm not sure how this map is...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello, nice to see another melee map from you.

The map indeed looks quite impressive and stylish. From a gameplay point of view, many things are not so nice however:
1. To be balanced, any melee map needs a tavern.
2. I'm not sure how this map is supposed to be played. 1v1? 2v2? Neither seems to make much sense, due to the lack of (easily available, in the case of 1v1) expansions.
3. Not many creeps around, and not a lot of variation between them (only wizard, golems, and dragons, and those only in a single location). Also AoW-creeping seems impossible.
4. Imbalanced itemdrops: First of all, there are no itemclasses specificed (like permanent, charged,...). The itemdrops are way too strong, except at the starting positions. Each of the other itemdrops should be reduced by about 2 levels.
5. There are weird narrow paths behind the goldmines, between the trees and the cliffs. I dont see any reason for them to exist.
6. Why can the shops be accessed without killing the creeps?

So I see this as a "style over substance" map, which can be ok, although it means the map will never be viable for competitive play simply due to its layout. But still, the basics should be better than they are right now. So pick a few of these issues and make some improvements with respect to them, which should be doable without changing anything that is essential to the map. Until then, map set to Awaiting Update.