• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Weather Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Open the MPQ
Extract Weather.slk
Edit using Excel
Import & overwrite

You'll have to give your new weather effects a custom string, e.g Ashenvale Rain Heavy is "AHea". To create the weather effect, use a custom script and use the string you've set in the slk.

I'd think he meant for a map; rather than create a modified War3 .mpq.

I never was talking about a map, I was talking in general.

Yes.

Open the MPQ
Extract Weather.slk
Edit using Excel
Import & overwrite

You'll have to give your new weather effects a custom string, e.g Ashenvale Rain Heavy is "AHea". To create the weather effect, use a custom script and use the string you've set in the slk.

I dont think you can create new custom ones, maybe if you write your own entry inside the SLK, but it is possible to change texture of given to something else, like falling leaves

Thank you! +rep

Edit: Too much reputation in the past 24 hours, I will give you when I am able to.

Level 23

you can import the slk to your map, which will override the one inside the mpq archive that game uses, which will increase the map size a bit, but you will get custom weather effect.

However note that you most likely wont be able to access it with GUI, and you will have to use Jass to create it

Level 25
you can import the slk to your map, which will override the one inside the mpq archive that game uses, which will increase the map size a bit, but you will get custom weather effect.

However note that you most likely wont be able to access it with GUI, and you will have to use Jass to create it

Yep, that was what I meant.

The SLK's size is very small, so that isn't an issue.

You can access it in GUI by entering the function in a custom script action. You can discover the function by converting the known GUI action (environment - set weather effect) into custom script.

ALSO:
Forgot to mention, you can use this useful model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/leavesweathereffect-228986/
and edit it to your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.